CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://cbrforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   just joining up im Mike from Louisiana (https://cbrforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/just-joining-up-im-mike-louisiana-110931/)

"HONDA_BABY" 05-20-2010 02:09 PM

just joining up im Mike from Louisiana

hi everyone im Mike and im a motorcycle mechanic i currently own a F3 i like my old school bike no reason to get a new one anyway im currently deployed in iraq rite now but will be coming home soon cant wait to get back on the bike again and just go for a long ride with my buddies :icon_hyper:

hondajunkie 05-20-2010 02:59 PM

Hi & welcome aboard Mike,glad to have you with us!
The F3 is a bullet proof bike,will keep you happy for many years to come.
Check out the F3 forum if you have any questions...not sure if you'll have any being a motorcycle mechanic...lol.
Enjoy the forum and get home safe!

kilgoretrout 05-20-2010 08:54 PM

Welcome to the forum, Mike! Yep, the old Hondas are tough bikes. I know I love mine. Just gotta treat 'em right and they'll outlast anything.

You stay safe over there, bud.

eweppley 05-21-2010 03:48 AM

Hey Mike, welcome to CBRF!! Great to have a actual motorcycle mechanic onboard. There aren't many in here. Most of us are just shade tree mechanics.

Post up some pics of your F3 when you get the chance. I have an F2 and have always had a thing for old school bikes. Nothing wrong with a good set of carbs.

Take care and enjoy the forums

"HONDA_BABY" 05-21-2010 07:53 AM

Yea i worked for a honda dealership for a few years out of Lafayette Louisiana, from there i went work for a motorcycle/ATV shop as a mechanic he taught me a lot of what i know now about bikes but my specalty is Honda, ive been in the military for 4 years and currently got deployed but before i was deployed i started my own shop by my house as a side job but i still work with the bike shop i was his top mechanic until i had to leave for iraq but hey we are the reason everybody is free to go out and ride when they want and have a free life. thanks for all the support i really appreciate it and if anybody needs help without me having to physically look at the bike ill do my best to put my info and get you rolling again

Footnfool 05-21-2010 08:58 AM

Again, thanks for your help in my other thread! Also, thank you for your service.

F3s FTMFW!

"HONDA_BABY" 05-21-2010 09:41 AM

oh its not a problem nothing better to do here in iraq than sit around on my computer after work i just ordered some repsol fairings for my bike they should be in before i get home if not than something is wrong.

bubba_finch07 05-21-2010 10:33 AM

dont feel to bad buddy, Iraq isn't too bad right now. I'm on my way out soon. (thank god). Good luck, be safe, where are you stationed?

Shadow 05-21-2010 10:35 AM

Head down, bum up, Mike ! :) - what unit ? Marines ?
Welcome to the asylum, again.......:)

bubba_finch07 05-21-2010 11:04 AM

i got money on army, any takers?