New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Just got myself an f2!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 01:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got myself an f2!

So Im 18 and have been looking into bikes since I was 15...I messed around on a friends 250 for awhile, it was fun at first but grew pretty old...So I saved up the cash and bought this for $1700. Im super happy with the bike, more than enough power to spare and looks niceee. I have a few questions, first off what can I expect for gas mileage? How large is the tank? and finally what is the bulb number? I want some HID's for it. Im sure Ill have a few more as I progress, I just picked it up today after a 1000 mile round trip, so didnt get much of a chance to ride it. Just wanted to introduce myself. I will post up better pictures tommorow. The mods are Micron exhaust, and carbon fiber mirrors, levers, and blinkers. Was it worth the money? Thanks guys.

Old 04-10-2010, 01:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and one more question, i have a feeling the fork seals?(are those what they are called?) are leaking because there is a tiny bit of oil on the forks, what does it take or cost to replace those? I cant find any aftermarket support for this bike

Old 04-10-2010, 07:45 AM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome koelzer, nice bike man and a good deal too. Hell yeah it was worth the money
imo. Hey drop into the F2 section for all the info and pick up a PDF of the manual
for the spec's and easy stuff. Bike shop usually charge in the 150 to 250 range to do
forks depending where you are located........ or you could get the parts and do it
yourself too.

Enjoy the forum , Ride Safe

Old 04-10-2010, 09:31 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, a manual will have all the specs/procedures you're looking for.
I'd say you did fine on the price if it runs ok.
If you have any more F2 specific questions, post 'em on up in the F2 section.
Gear up and enjoy the bike, man!

Old 04-10-2010, 09:52 AM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the CBRF. As they have said the F2 section will do you alot of good. I would change all the fluids too. You never know whats in there. Sounds like you got your self a real deal on your bike. Ride Safe