New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Just got my new CBR!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 12:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got my new CBR!

Hey Guys...I just picked up a brand new 2006 CBR1000RR! I rode it yesterday for about an hour or so and I absolutely love it. It's my first bike and I couldn't be happier (never rode anything as smooth or fast in my life!) I'm in the 732 area of New Jersey and I figured I'd join this forum and get to know some riders and hopefully learn something. Any suggestions or questions.. please feel free. It feels great to finally join the club!

Old 04-27-2007, 02:16 PM
Default RE: Just got my new CBR!

damn man your first bike is a liter. I thought I was ballsy by just contemplating a 600rr. But I think the reason you "haven't rode anything as fast or as smooth in your life" is cuz its your first bike

Kidding aside, good luck and congrats. Did you take the MSF, do you have previous riding experience?

Old 04-27-2007, 03:27 PM

Hello and welcome. Keep the rubber side down.

Old 04-27-2007, 03:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow for the litre bike indeed. Good luck and be careful, thats ALOT of bike.

Old 04-27-2007, 03:57 PM

I never had a street bike before but I've been riding motocross for a few years now, so thats where my riding experience comes in.. ( I know i know.. its different) I'm also 6'5" and 235 lbs so I didn't want to get something smaller and then want more power in a months time.. ( sorta like riding a 125 and wanting a 250 after getting used to it and beating on it.) I hopped on it the minute he took it off the truck and oddly enough I felt so comfortable on it I didn't feel nervous at all...granted I haven't gone over about 9000 rpms yet though.. but the acceleration is just amazing. I haven't taken the MSF course yet. no

Old 04-27-2007, 07:32 PM
Retired Moderator

Welcome to the site. Just take it easy, bro. Get to the MSF course as soon as you can. It will get you thinking about how to ride on the street...good luck.

Old 04-27-2007, 07:52 PM

yea that is a big bike for a first bike but congrats and welcome to the site

Old 04-27-2007, 09:40 PM

Hello & Welcome!!

Old 05-01-2007, 01:01 AM

Thanks guys... I was riding all day today.. and I love it!! I can't beleive how comfortable I feel on the bike.. I put 150 miles on her in two days..

Old 05-01-2007, 01:29 AM

ORIGINAL: Cellesaurus5

I never had a street bike before but I've been riding motocross for a few years now, so thats where my riding experience comes in.. ( I know i know.. its different) I'm also 6'5" and 235 lbs so I didn't want to get something smaller and then want more power in a months time.. ( sorta like riding a 125 and wanting a 250 after getting used to it and beating on it.) I hopped on it the minute he took it off the truck and oddly enough I felt so comfortable on it I didn't feel nervous at all...granted I haven't gone over about 9000 rpms yet though.. but the acceleration is just amazing. I haven't taken the MSF course yet. no
No offense to you Cellesaurus, but please don'tlisten to him if you're new and looking for a first bike.

The idea of "I don't want to get a small bike and then outgrow it" is a huge myth. I really don't feel like flogging this dead horse much more, but you will not outgrow a bike anytime soon after getting it (yes, even a 250). A ninja 250 can do 0-60 about as fast as a 1998 camaro z28 SS can, and keep neck and neck with it all the way down a quarter mile (your mileage may vary of course, but it's close enough to be a drivers race). You on the otherhand just bought a bike with four times the displacement of that, aboutone and a halftimes the weight, and with much better gearing, intake, exhaust, and suspension. With a decent driver on it a 1000RR will be in tripple digit speeds before the camaro shifts into second gear... Good thing you didn't get a bike you'll grow out of, hopefully you live long enough to be able to grow into it.

I'm glad you're liking the bike, just be safe and keep the sticky side down please!