New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Introducing myself!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 07:20 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Very nice....

Old 08-06-2012, 07:29 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice pics. :-) That second one just happen to be passing a nail shop. ;-)

Old 08-06-2012, 08:09 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice bike. I guess I'm gonna be the first to toss this out there: you might wanna look into upgrading the rest of your gear.

Old 08-06-2012, 09:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 74demon
Very nice....
Thanks!

Old 08-06-2012, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by gotcbr
Nice pics. :-) That second one just happen to be passing a nail shop. ;-)
Haha I know right.

Old 08-06-2012, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Nice bike. I guess I'm gonna be the first to toss this out there: you might wanna look into upgrading the rest of your gear.
Thanks! And what do you mean about upgrading my gear?

Old 08-06-2012, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by miss_freshRR
Thanks! And what do you mean about upgrading my gear?
Those Nikes and jeans look cute but I'm fairly sure they're not motorcycle riding gear. I could be wrong though.

Name:  IMAG0182.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  50.1 KB

Those are my kevlar reinforced riding jeans after a 30 mph low side. My ankle took a solid hit my riding boots completely absorbed but prolly would have severely bruised if not broken it otherwise.

You don't have to go Robocop on the armor. But getting gear suitable for going down at street legal speeds is a good idea.

Old 08-06-2012, 10:22 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

The jeans and purple shoes look great on you....but not very protective if you go down. At least get some decent riding boots to protect your feet and ankles.

Old 08-06-2012, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Those Nikes and jeans look cute but I'm fairly sure they're not motorcycle riding gear. I could be wrong though.

Those are my kevlar reinforced riding jeans after a 30 mph low side. My ankle took a solid hit my riding boots completely absorbed but prolly would have severely bruised if not broken it otherwise.

You don't have to go Robocop on the armor. But getting gear suitable for going down at street legal speeds is a good idea.
ahhh gotcha... haven't really looked into riding pants. is there something extremely breathable out there for woman that won't overheat me and leave me dead of heat exhaustion in the 115* degree weather we suffer from out here in the desert? trust, i'm all about gear thats why i'm wearing my textile jacket instead of those measly icon vest/spine protectors everyone seems to wanna wear out here because of the high temps.

Old 08-06-2012, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by miss_freshRR
ahhh gotcha... haven't really looked into riding pants. is there something extremely breathable out there for woman that won't overheat me and leave me dead of heat exhaustion in the 115* degree weather we suffer from out here in the desert? trust, i'm all about gear thats why i'm wearing my textile jacket instead of those measly icon vest/spine protectors everyone seems to wanna wear out here because of the high temps.
Kevlar jeans are an option so long as you ride sensible. You can see I started to burn thru but the curb stopped my slide I'm originally from Texas so I never find jeans to be hot.

There's also textile as an option. But you'll prolly wanna talk to Yumi or another of the ladies here about finding gear for women. Just a bit of forewarning: what little fashion sense us guys have flies completely out the window when we look at a woman riding. That pretty much pegs the Sex Appeal Meter for us so pretty much nothing else registers

Quick Reply: Introducing myself!