New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

I'm new to the site...

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 01:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm new to the site...

...and I just wanted to say HEY!!! I've got an 01 CBR (go figure) 600 F4i. I just laid it down last night...TWICE. Here's the story:

So,yesterday (Thursday)was my sister last varsity soccer game for the season. Afterwords I was going to stop by my friend Nick's to buy his spare helmet (I've been getting a few requests to take girls on my bike). Then after I would by the helmet, I would rush over to my church group meeting.

Only--- here's where things started going ALL wrong...

My sister's game got over way late. I didn't get to go over to Nicks, AND I was late to group. After group finished I was the first to leave (had studying to do). I was texting a friend while I was waiting for my bike to get warmed up. After a few moments I put my cell back in my pocket, and I started to head home.

Aprox 50 feet from where I was parked (doing aprox 15 mph) my back tire started to float away from me. I let off the gas, turned the wheel toward the end that was flying away and----WHAMO!!!! I got pitched like a cowboy on a wild bronco!!!

My head made first contact with the cold/hard asphalt road. I could hear the crack of the helmet as it smacked into the ground. I could feel my head softly smash into the padding of the helmet. I flipped head over heels and did a roll or two.

Ironically--- everyone from group was walking out the door as I was driving off and they saw the whole thing happen! They all ran over to me. I jumped up, lifted up my bike, and then started to check it over... IT WAS FINE!!!! Nothing happened!!!! My mirrors didn't even move!!!! Just a tiny scratch on the stunt bar.

I took off my helmet; checked over my gear; said my good byes to my friends and started up my bike. Now my bike was facing backwords. So, I had to drive past where I lost it and turn around. As I turned around and got the bike straight I hit the throttle. Only, I wasn't aware of the fact I was "getting on it" in the SAME-EXACT-SPOT my tire broke away from last time.

Then it happened AGAIN! Only this time ALOT faster, and ALOT harder!!! Both mirrors broke off; front cowl fairing and windshield are done; major scratches/dents/cracks on everything, bent handlebar (not shure on brake/clutch levers yet) and a tear in my rear seat.

There was gas on the ground (is this normal after a crash? Do I have to replace the gas tank too?), and alot of plastic parts. I'm super bummed, but I'm glad to be blessed with the fact this didn't happen while on a major street with traffic.

I walked away virtually untouched. Minor road rash on my right knee, and a huge bloody lump on my right foot. I'm FINE!!!

So, I figured I better start looking for a CBR forum because I'm going to have a lot of work ahead of me.

Old 02-03-2007, 01:23 AM
Default RE: I'm new to the site...

First off, Welcome to the Forum!!!

Sorry to hear about the crash, those SUCK!!!

There was probably something one the ground such as oil or something causing the tire tobreak loose. Are you sure it was gas?? It may have been the gas overflow line ifit was on its side for a while (two rubber hoses running down the sidebehind the radiator). I highly doubt anything happened to the gas tank unless you hit majorly hard!!! There is a tabnk cover over the actual tank, so even if that is dented, I dont knowif your actual take is dented. Invest in some good gear too. There are a lot of parts for sale on here in the for sale section that mayhelp you out. How are your forks?? Glad to hear your aight!! Let us know how it goes man

Old 02-03-2007, 01:46 AM

Oh, so I forgot to change the post.The gas that was under my bike was from my overflow lines. Total damage that NEEDS to be replaced : Brake lever, handlebars, throttle/grip, front fairing, windshield. As far as cosmetics: my rear seat fairing is all torn up, my passanger seat'stopripped off leaving only yellow foam, a couple of dents in gas tank with about a 4" x 6" scratch, frame sliders (they did their job!), front fender and side fairingsgot minor scrathes.Overall, I'm onlythe necessities away from riding again. The weather here is supposed to get into the mid 70s this week too.Too bad I'm going to miss it.

Old 02-03-2007, 01:49 AM

Just check the forsale section to see if anyone has what your looking for

Old 02-03-2007, 12:19 PM

Welcome to the forum... Sorry to hear about your mishap(s).

Old 02-03-2007, 03:53 PM
Retired Administrator

wow... is all I can say.

welcome to the forum, and I hope we can help you out.

Old 02-03-2007, 07:48 PM
Retired Admin, January 2008 ROTM, Lord of Neon & L.E.D.s

Wow!I am sorry to hear about your crashes. I hope you find everything you need to replace or repair all. Welcome to the site though!
LJ

Old 02-03-2007, 09:07 PM

Hi and welcome to this forum

We are both new here, its really friendly and full of useful info

Sorry to hear about yr wheels, Hope you get it sorted.

Old 02-03-2007, 10:37 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome!

Old 02-04-2007, 02:51 AM

Thanks for the support.

Oh, and my 905 stunt bars completely snapped at the weld on the lower side. Do you think that can be warrantied?

Quick Reply: I'm new to the site...