New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

I'm the new guy

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 09:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm the new guy

for now at least. Picked up a 1994 CBR600 today and rode it around all afternoon. The thing is a BLAST. My first bike too.

I'll be taking pictures a little later, just wanted to say hi!

Old 08-16-2009, 05:53 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Howdyhowdyhowdy!

Where ya from? What she look like?

Old 08-16-2009, 10:33 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep, Welcome to the CBR Forum, coldfire!
Sounds like you're already getting addicted...
Great bikes, for sure... lookin' forward to pics..

Old 08-17-2009, 03:07 PM

I'm in West Central Indiana, a crappy little town called Terre Haute. Its a purple/red/black bike with a header-back and jet kit on it. For some reason the brand name of the exhaust escapes me for the moment.... starts with a k... kicker... kecker.... fawk. I must be getting old! I would have taken pictures by now but I've been too busy riding it whenever possible.

Got to experience my first rainstorm on it last night, I think the wind was more daunting than that rain itself. But I took it very easy and made it home without incident so that's OK. You can't learn without experience right?

By the way, the name is Ben, there are enough of us in the world that I don't mind using my fist name on the interwebs. Heh. Maybe pics tonight since its supposed to start raining around seven and storm for the next 3 days straight.

Old 08-17-2009, 03:48 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey now careful. I've been to Terre Haute. All for a woman (and there are some lookers there). Itd be a haul on my CBR from Philly... But I find her again ill let ya know when to look for me in town

Old 08-17-2009, 05:47 PM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey there Coldfire, congratulations on your new bike. Small world... I used to drive semis and went to Terre Haute IN once. Picked up some disarmed 1000 lbs. munitions from the naval station out there, took them up to US Steel up in Gary. Indiana is so nice during the summer. Make sure you wear some gear & take it easy.
Welcome to CBRF

Old 08-18-2009, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Hey now careful. I've been to Terre Haute. All for a woman (and there are some lookers there). Itd be a haul on my CBR from Philly... But I find her again ill let ya know when to look for me in town
Hahaha, yeah when school is in session there are some pretty good looking girls out and about. During the summer season though, not so much. But yeah if you ever feel like passing through let me know and we'll get together.

Originally Posted by Incognito
Hey there Coldfire, congratulations on your new bike. Small world... I used to drive semis and went to Terre Haute IN once. Picked up some disarmed 1000 lbs. munitions from the naval station out there, took them up to US Steel up in Gary. Indiana is so nice during the summer. Make sure you wear some gear & take it easy.
Welcome to CBRF
I actually work across the street from the Naval depot here. I do need to get some gear for the bike but its supposed to rain for the next three days, though I got up this morning and it was just beautiful, so I'm staying on 4 wheels for a little bit.

Old 08-18-2009, 11:22 PM
mpz

Welcome dude

Old 08-19-2009, 07:28 AM

Here are some really bad cell phone pics I snapped this morning.

Attached Thumbnails I'm the new guy-0819090741.jpg   I'm the new guy-0819090741a.jpg