CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://cbrforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   I have a question for everyone.. (https://cbrforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/i-have-question-everyone-47943/)

dustintp 08-23-2007 11:18 PM

I have a question for everyone..

Hey yall i just bought me a 05 honda cbr600rr and im new to the biking world... last year i test drove a yamaha v star and i high sided it and it scared the Heck out of me and messed my knee up... but now im going back at it my friends said every one goes down at least once so imma try to not do it again but i wanted to get this bike so bad so i did...

but my question is alot of people said cops and stuff dont mess with bikes as much as llike say cars and stuff do they mess with you a bunch or mostly leave you alone cause i dont see many bikes pulled over around here much.. please post somethin back later..

CBRFREEK 08-24-2007 12:56 AM

RE: I have a question for everyone..

In the wonderful world of ...Where i come from....The police dont really roll like that...ive been pulled over 2 times for no apparent other than to check my license and ins...got me with the speeding warning...and ive been guilty...its a new world ...comin from the Cruiser realm......welcome aboard

Lrn2Go 08-24-2007 08:23 AM

It's a hard line to call there. I'd say cops are more leniant to cruiser-style bikes than sport bikes. I'd say, and probably rightly so, that more idiots do their best to get attention on a fast, bright-colored crotch-rocket... so it's given us much poorer image. I don't get much grief from cops so far. On my first cruiser-style bike, I felt like I could basically scoot under all the cop radar and nobody so much as blinked at me. On my CBR, I've gotten the lights flashed at me, had a few close calls I was sure I would get pulled over but didn't, and have been pulled over once (For turning my signal off halfway through a lane change, and given a warning...[sm=lame.gif])

So, in the end, don't do anything to draw un-wanted attention to yourself, and you'll be fine. Do something crazy, and they'll get you if they see you, most of the time. Welcome to the site!

EHonda 08-24-2007 10:13 AM

Welcome to the site. I personally have not been pulled over in my 1.5 years of riding. However, being that most squids are on sportbikes, I would think that they would be pulled over much more often that a cruiser or cage.

Munson 08-24-2007 11:05 AM

Here in NYC there was a very severe crackdown on bikes earlier this summer. They were pulling over everyone, even if you weren't doing anything wrong, just to check license/registration/insurance/inspection. If you didn't have everything, they'd tow your bike. And if that was all good, they'd give you a ticket for having flushmounts or an aftermarket exhaust.

The truth is there's always a chance you'll get stopped, so don't ride like an idiot, and make sure you and your bike have all the necessary papers.

Triax 08-24-2007 11:13 AM

Cops are pretty nice here in the NEB but all it takes is one A-hole on a sportbike to piss them off and its a hole different story. You repect them and for the most part they will do the same to you.

zorgen 08-24-2007 11:28 AM

ORIGINAL: dustintp

Hey yall i just bought me a 05 honda cbr600rr and im new to the biking world... last year i test drove a yamaha v star and i high sided it and it scared the Heck out of me and messed my knee up... but now im going back at it my friends said every one goes down at least once so imma try to not do it again but i wanted to get this bike so bad so i did...

but my question is alot of people said cops and stuff dont mess with bikes as much as llike say cars and stuff do they mess with you a bunch or mostly leave you alone cause i dont see many bikes pulled over around here much.. please post somethin back later..
Can you post this again in English? Write it like you are applying for a job and not talking to an inbred friend.

crazyhorse95gt 08-24-2007 11:48 AM

Here inTulsa I've been pulled over for simply having my visor up. I think its only because we've got a group of riders that terrorize the city streets. Cruiser vs. sport bike, think of it as a '79 pinto vs Corvette, youre gonna get more attention. Best of luck to ya and welcome to the group.

dustintp 08-24-2007 04:50 PM

thanks for the answer everyone...

OGPlaya 08-25-2007 06:40 PM

Welcome :D