New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

How much $hould i a$k for it?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 10:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How much $hould i a$k for it?

nothing?

Old 01-15-2008, 11:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If she's paid for, just keep it! - At the least you'll be spreading your losses over a few years... - Send it out the door and you'll be guaranteed to take a 30% hit on your "investment" - might as well get some fun out of that $4700.

Old 01-16-2008, 04:38 PM

Unless you need the cash to keep your house from being foreclosed, DON'T SELL. You have nearly $13k in that bike, and I agree you'd be lucky to get $8k. Unfortunately for you, a bike immediately depreciates by a couple thousand the second you ride it, and mods hardly affect the value of a bike at all. So you're getting a double shot to the wallet if you sell.

Old 01-16-2008, 05:44 PM

Speaking of depreciating. Does anyone have experience with the Repsols. I have an 07 and tend to think it holds it value better than most. Just curious on what some may have more experience buying and selling. No i have no thoughts of selling it, freakin love it just wonder. Thanks. Buy the way very nice bike good luck. Ps I did get rid of my wife and im much happier

Old 01-16-2008, 10:25 PM

Dude, just tell your wife that you posted it for sale for what you have into it. NO ONE will bite for 13k and you can say "no one is interested" and be correct. Then drop it a thousand or two on the price a few weeks later and tell her that no one is biting even with the price drop. It's a sure thing if you do it right. Convince her no one can afford it and they're all low ballers who don't even come close if she starts to ask questions. Take a few phone calls... whether real or imaginary... from potential buyers who low ball.

Old 01-16-2008, 10:52 PM

i would take $10,500. she says she does not want to have kids with someone so irresponsible. i love her, and will do what it takes to make her happy (even if most people would say[sm=wtf.gif]).

Old 01-16-2008, 11:03 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: RounderNU

i would take $10,500. she says she does not want to have kids with someone so irresponsible. i love her, and will do what it takes to make her happy (even if most people would say[sm=wtf.gif]).
irresponsible? Sorry what about her selfishness???

Old 01-16-2008, 11:04 PM

So... don't have kids. Or have kids and get a large life insurance policy. Get a whole lotta gear and prove you're responsible. There has to be a way besides compromising your enjoyment.

...or find another woman. There are many other fish in the sea. I'd certainly leave my woman if she ever told me something like that.

Old 01-17-2008, 07:21 AM

This is sad... - What you are writing speaks volumes about what she thinks of you. - Are you irresponsible? - If so, then definitelysell the bike. - Yes there are risks involved, but does this hobby, or passion bring you a lot of enjoyment? -Judging by the amount of $ you put into it, it must.

As you age, you will probably need to adjust the way you ride, and possibly who you ride with as your life changes, however having kids shouldn't force you to stop completely.

You will take an a$$ kicking selling, however, keeping it and not riding it is even more sad...

Ask what you like, but the pricing advice here is pretty accurate. This forum will have great appreciation for the work you put into it, and the accessories you added to it.Asking more than retail will probably not get you a sale, but if you aren't in a hurry, and don't mind the hassle, start the pricing at what you have in it.

Old 01-17-2008, 07:28 AM
Banned

she says she does not want to have kids with someone so irresponsible
Did you buy it BEFORE you were married? If you bought it after you were married then she may be onto something, after all, she should have a say in major purchases like a bike. The only thing that would really matter if she went an bought a$10,000 Rolex with 'her savings' and you bought a bike with 'your savings'.

But if you were engaged/dating when you bought itthen she really is a out of line, she will be nothing but a controlling 'person' for eternity.

Also, don't have kids now, she is the one with a biological clock, let it tick. She wants kids so she don't get traded in on a newer model in 10 years and then she is screwed. Women are evil and not as dumb as we think, they read Cosmo and watch sex in the city. They are organized, like army ants waiting strip your carcass clean. You think you stand a chance? HA...you are nothing but a means to an end, a sperm donor with a bank account and benefits. Wait until you have kids and she want a manicure and you want an oil change, you will be the most selfish c**ksucker on the planet, and god forbid if you ever want to eat a chicken wing with the boys....that is over too. Oh yeah, enjoy celibacy and cleaning because that is in your future too.

I gotta rest for a minute....

And who does she think inviting HER mother to live with you, is it your fault your mother in law married a meth dealer and is now on the streets tooo old to hook or dance or earn a living, but nooooo, you gotta support her and dog that pisses on the carpets. Good luck putting the dog outside, your chain smoking mother in law will get a restraining order against you and you'll be sleeping in the minivan you had traded in your bike for.

Make no mistake buddy, keep your bike, this is where you draw the line.

Quick Reply: How much $hould i a$k for it?