CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://cbrforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   Honda fanboy from Orlando (https://cbrforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/honda-fanboy-orlando-138234/)

Ion3353 05-17-2012 06:28 PM

Honda fanboy from Orlando

I ride a 1995 Honda CBR600F3. I have been riding for two months now but it's all I think about. Looking to enroll in MMI here in Orlando as soon as I am able to. This is of course my first bike and my only mode of transportation so I am riding everyday. Since I can rely on my girl if I need a car I plan to keep my bike as my only mode of transportation. I'm pretty much a lone wolf with my only friend that I ride with selling his bike and getting a car. My passion is to learn everything about my bike and be able to do everything with my bike.

gotcbr 05-17-2012 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Ion3353 (Post 1161040)
...I have been riding for two months now but it's all I think about...

Think we have a new true rider then...yes. ;-) W/ your passion to learn, you'll be a responsible owner & rider. Just keep that attitude & you'll be fine.

Welcome aboard!

Ion3353 05-17-2012 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by gotcbr (Post 1161049)
Think we have a new true rider then...yes. ;-) W/ your passion to learn, you'll be a responsible owner & rider. Just keep that attitude & you'll be fine.

Welcome aboard!

That is a compliment and a half, thank you brother. Not sure if you can see my bike in the pic but it has extensive fairings damage. It was used as a stunt bike before I acquired it. I can't even do an oil change without breaking my fairings. They have been mostly pieced and zipped tied together.

Basically I am wondering where I can get fairings that have the holes pre-drilled and I would also need the bolts.

CBRclassic 05-18-2012 03:57 AM

Good to now have you with us here at the CBRF ....welcome ! Ion3353

First road ride hey ?? hope you take extra care while you are having a great time out there mate !!!

You only need to read this place to death!! , to learn about your CBR !!! LOLOL

zaqwert6 05-18-2012 10:42 AM

Cool, another O towner on 2 wheels. Where you at?

74demon 05-18-2012 11:42 AM

Having a bike as the only form of transportation is pretty hard core. you gotta love riding to do that. I'd keep the girlfriend around for a while, just in case of a hurricane :). good luck if you go to MMI and welcome to the forum!

estate4life 05-18-2012 12:20 PM

Hey, sound like me back in 1993-95...cbr600 until I crash it, then a FZR600....I ride to work, play, in the rain....one time it rain so hard....water got into tank...had to drain it.

Looking back, damn, I was really hard core too....my class C license was suspended due to DUI....but DMV let me take my motorcycle permit test...so I only can ride motorcycle but cannot drive a car...but it does not matter any way, I was broke too, my GF dumped me weeks later....as soon as I got my C class back, I save up to get a 92' TOYOTA pick up...boy this trucks are reliable!

Anyway, welcome to the forum and take it easy on the bike, because it's your only form of transportation for now so TLC it. These bikes are great & reliable.

But as soon as opportunity comes, in the states, we all need a car for the rainy days...

Stay safe out there!

Ion3353 05-18-2012 09:07 PM

Thanks for all of the support guys.
I live on Princeton by Florida Hospital, College Park area.

Definitely going to keep my girl friend lol. Someone has to cook for me ;)

I will learn to properly maintain this bike and this forum is truly helpful in so many ways.

Been looking for CBR lovers here but everyone rides a dam GSXR.
Nothing but Honda bashing... Why?? They're good dam bikes!

Hojen77 05-19-2012 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by Ion3353 (Post 1161414)
Been looking for CBR lovers here but everyone rides a dam GSXR.
Nothing but Honda bashing... Why?? They're good dam bikes!

Welcome and I agree with you, It's the same thing where I live (Sweden)
GSXR or R1 mostly counts, but who cares? I wouldn't trade my CBR for
any of those! :)