New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

hi everyone, need some help please

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 10:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hi everyone, need some help please

hey guys, i have a 96 cbr 600 f3. i'll upload a few pictures later but if someone will be so kind as to let me know how to fix my bike because i really REALLY wanna ride.

basically what happened was i was making a left on an intersection and there was oil on the asphault. i gave her a little too much gas and my rear end went loose and the bike was dropped on it's right.

the bike runs however there are a few problems i need help with, here are the damages:
-the front brake lever snapped off
do i just need to purchase a new handle? i checked on a few cycle salvages and they aren't too expensive but i want to make sure it's the part i need

-the rear foot peg snapped off

-mirror cracked

-turn signal is flopping

-rear brake lever is bent (i had to bend it out to very cautiously drive her home)

-the metal piece on the end of the handlebar on the right side is bent (i'm sure i can unbend it)

i was quoted $100 for all the parts. is it hard to install the front and rear brake levers? i figure the rest should be a breeze. any advice is greatly appreciated. if anyone need's any help with bmw's i'm your guy.

Old 03-20-2007, 12:33 AM
Default RE: hi everyone, need some help please

Hello & Welcome!!

Buy the parts, fix the bike....LOL! The $100 isn't bad, this is all easy to fix! Unbolt it and rebolt it....

Old 03-20-2007, 02:59 AM

hm, i'm sorry, i'm sure you can tell i'm a noob. but do you think all i need is the lever itself and not the entire brake kit? i'm just freaking out because it was in mint condition before.

Old 03-20-2007, 06:16 AM

well, sounds not so bad. if $100 can take care off these and make you a happy rider, go for it.