CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://cbrforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   Hey, what's up? I'm new and addicted to bikes (https://cbrforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/hey-whats-up-im-new-addicted-bikes-13025/)

shayrgob 04-23-2006 01:06 AM

Hey, what's up? I'm new and addicted to bikes

hey, I'm so addicted to bikes despite the fact that I've never owned one. Something inside of me is telling me to go the a motorcycle dealership and just finance a 600Cc CBR. Maybe it's b/c we're building a formula car w/ a CBR 600cc RR engine in it. I'm in FSAE btw (formula society of auto. engineerings). It could also be that I have a lot of friends w/ bikes and the more they talk about them, the more I want one too. It could also be that I love the thrill of riding. There are a lot of reasons I guess.

So would u guys recommend a 600cc CBR as a beginner bike?

Thanks!

doncollins 04-23-2006 02:04 AM

RE: Hey, what's up? I'm new and addicted to bikes

Welcome to the forum...

Good luck with the addiction. I haven't found a cure yet.

I think, or believe the 600 is a bike for all experience. The liter bikes would be a little to the extreme, but any bike will work if the rider is mature enough.

pitsvtec 04-23-2006 02:21 PM

Hello & Welcome!!:D

cbr04 04-23-2006 02:37 PM

welcome! i just talked to a guy here that's got a formula car with 600RR engine in it... says that engine is "bulletproof" :D

i think the 600RR is a great bike - beginner or otherwise. like don said - as long as the person is mature enough.

xxfoolishfoolxx 04-23-2006 04:09 PM

the 600rr is a great bike to learn on, just go slow and set up the suspension, and you'll love it

ChrisMcD 04-23-2006 07:23 PM

Hey there, welcome to the site![8D]

shayrgob 04-23-2006 10:21 PM

thanks a LOT for the warm welcome guys. I think I'm gonna really like it here. And I feel like I will ride maturely despite the fact that I've done some very immature things in the past.

josho66 04-26-2006 08:03 PM

Welcome :D

CMHGUY 04-27-2006 01:36 AM

Hi ya and Welcome!:D

sicxspeed 05-04-2006 03:53 PM

Hey, the 600rr is a good bike. I dont think its a great bike for a first time rider, but if you take it slow, get accustomed to it and learn the basics you'll be fine. Take the MSF.

By the way, this is my first post as well.

Just some info on myself.

First bike was an 03 F4I, loved it with a passion. Made the mistake of letting a friend, who it thought had more experience then me at the time ride it, long story short, bike totalled.

Moving on. I currently own a 05 Gixxer 600. Love this bike, I know its not a Honda but Ill get to that. Anyway, this is one of the best feeling bikes i've ever ridden. (as you can tell I dont have a brand preference, i think all bikes are great for the most part, all sport bikes that is.)

The reason Im posting hear is because, in a week or so, a co-worker of mine is going to be moving to Georgia and he doesnt want to take his brand new 06 Candy Blue and Yellow 06 1000rr with him. So he's agreed to leave it with me and have me take over payments, which I gladly accepted because Im selling my Gixxer to a friend. Anyway, I love the bike and think its a huge improvement over previous models. Ive ridden the 05, no offense to anyone with it, its a great, stable bike, but I wasnt feelin it. The 06 on the other hand is a monster in comparison. Feels much lighter(because it is) and almost on par with the power of the Suzuki 1K.

Anyway, but alittel bout me. Thanks for reading.

rubber side down.