New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Hey-hey from the UK!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 06:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey-hey from the UK!

Evening all, just a quick one to say hello.

Long-time lurker, first-time poster etc...

I'm in the early stages of a 'sympathetic' '88 CBR600 resto - bought her for peanuts and struck (more or less) lucky. Ghastly black paint - more lumps and bumps than an implant salesman's suitcase - but mechanically pretty tidy. There's a new CCT in the cupboard waiting to be fitted and one or two thoughts to improve reliability / safety, and dreams of a snazzier paint job somewhere along the line.

Performance upgrades?

Nah - the most powerful thing I've ever ridden was an asthmatic CB400 back in the early eighties: standard horsepower will be plenty enough to justify the name - Project Kangapants.

Cheers guys.

Old 05-14-2012, 06:49 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome aboard!

Glad you decided to become an official member. :-)

Good to hear you're bringing back a classic. Good luck w/ your project & keep us updated.

Old 05-14-2012, 06:57 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

welcome capt.

good luck with your project. lots of info on here, but you knew that already!

Old 05-14-2012, 06:58 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Welcome mate! CONGRATS of your 88 resto project! Take is easy and enjoy! Post pics soon...cheers!

Old 05-15-2012, 04:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the welcome, guys.

I'm having fun with the bits and pieces of Kanga so far - have read my Clymer manual cover to cover once or twice and have picked up a good few things to look out for from the boards here: fingers crossed there'll not be too much to take me by surprise.

I'm planning on keeping a photo trail of progress, but it's likely to be slowwww. Son of a cabinetmaker and it seems I've inherited some of Pops' moderate OCD on finishes. Today is day 10 stripping, filling, fairing, re-filling, re-fairing on tail and side panels - they're just about ready for some high-build primer now. I think... (LOL)

Anyway - thanks again Folks: I'm sure I'll have a few 'DURR!' questions up here sharp enough.

(ps - Captain Snakebite: the alter ego who mysteriously takes over my autopilot and guides me safely home on the occasions I over-refresh on Snakebite; a delicious beverage, once popular in Blighty...)

Old 05-16-2012, 12:19 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nothing wrong w/a little "ocd"...military calls it 'attention to detail'. ;-) Sounds like you're doing a great job.