New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

hey help me out buying first bike

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 08:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hey help me out buying first bike

i just sat on all the 600's and the honda cbr 600rr was the most comfertable so im going to look at this bike.. tell me if you think its a good price he said hed go down to 7800 but thats still kind high i think.. 2009 HONDA CBR600rr

Old 01-26-2012, 11:40 PM
2011 Ride of the Year

welcome to CBRF

i think this is a normal price for 2009, at least where im at. and the bike looks very clean and taken care of. and cbr is the most comfortable of them all. if i had that kind of cash to drop in the 2009 i would consider that bike.

good luck with your purchase.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:52 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The only thing I don't like is the flat declaration of no test rides. If I were selling Ororo, I'd be leery of people wanting test rides too. But I'd also expect a serious buyer to demand a test ride. And be able to come to a reasonable compromise that protects my investment and his cash (cause he'd have to hand over full asking price while the bike was in his possession).

Old 01-27-2012, 01:40 AM

I knew a kid that bought a brand new GSXR for his first bike. He dropped it 3 times before he got it on the road. He said that plastic was cheap enough. Then a month later he destroyed it doing a backwards 180. He doesn't ride anymore. Too much bike, not enough experience.

Old 01-27-2012, 07:28 AM
2011 Ride of the Year

Originally Posted by podunkian
I knew a kid that bought a brand new GSXR for his first bike. He dropped it 3 times before he got it on the road. He said that plastic was cheap enough. Then a month later he destroyed it doing a backwards 180. He doesn't ride anymore. Too much bike, not enough experience.
I think that the 600 is a great first bike. my f3 is my first bike and last season was my first season and im still here, havent dropped her yet and not planing on it. did my first 5k miles on her and now cant wait for the spring.

when i bought the bike, the guy woulnt let me test ride it. i asked him to take a ride with me on the back and go through all the gears.

remember that most of us on this forum started with a 600 bikes or higher. and we all are fine and love riding to this day.

good luck with purchase.

Old 01-27-2012, 02:02 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome aboard eddie7978! Good luck on your purchase.

Old 01-27-2012, 03:08 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by scorpionvmu
I think that the 600 is a great first bike. my f3 is my first bike and last season was my first season and im still here, havent dropped her yet and not planing on it. did my first 5k miles on her and now cant wait for the spring.

when i bought the bike, the guy woulnt let me test ride it. i asked him to take a ride with me on the back and go through all the gears.

remember that most of us on this forum started with a 600 bikes or higher. and we all are fine and love riding to this day.

good luck with purchase.

Scorp, Please read this response I wrote in another welcome thread...

Originally Posted by gotcbr
...The F4i can be a good first bike BUT...

Starting/learning to ride on an F4i will increase the learning curve by a significantly increased amount. Things happen a lot quicker w/ any 600cc vs a 250 or 500. Which means, your decisions & reactions will have to be quicker. <--This is what tends to get new riders in trouble & over their heads...especially w/ the increased power of a higher cc machine. This is why many of us here suggest starting on a 250 & working your way up to the 600. That's not to say that you can't start on a 600 but you need to be keenly aware of what I just mentioned & be prepared for a higher degree of respect w/a 600cc machine.

Additionally, you need to take a MSF Course Motorcycle Safety Foundation to learn basic technique & safety, & build upon that to become a responsible rider. The MSF provides the motorcycles for the course - typically 250's. Take the course & make your own determination afterward as to what you'll start on.

There is always the guy that comes along that says he started on a 600 & that its perfectly ok for everyone. <--Wrong! Its not ok for everyone. Nobody here knows your skill level or maturity level. You'll have to make those decisions for yourself. Its much more responsible & helpful to suggest you approach your decision in an informed manner.

Whatever you decide to do, we hope you'll be a safe rider. Good luck.
Just b/c you started on a 600 & you're ok, doesn't mean the next new rider will be. Indicating that starting on 600 is ok for everyone is irresponsible & shows disregard for their safety & the consequences.

We are not all "fine". There have been members that have joined here w/ 600's as first bikes or gotten a 600 shortly after joining, that laid them down almost immediately or shortly thereafter they started riding. Some were ok, others - not. One tragedy is too many.

While we come to the forum to share in the fellowship of riding & to banter about everything from bike mods to taxes, we still need to be careful to not make blanket suggestions - that starting on a 600 is ok for everyone...b/c it simply is NOT.

Every new rider needs to assess their own strengths & weaknesses, skills & limitations, & maturity level...preferably while taking a safety course. The safety course will teach them technique & how to build upon that safely. What they choose to start on as a first bike has to be their decision, based on those individual factors & responsible research - not b/c its suggested here that starting on a 600 is ok for everyone.

Our suggestion to new riders should always be - start riding safely & build their experience level to become a responsible rider on whatever bike they choose based on the factors above.

Old 01-27-2012, 05:45 PM
2011 Ride of the Year

Originally Posted by gotcbr
Scorp, Please read this response I wrote in another welcome thread...

Just b/c you started on a 600 & you're ok, doesn't mean the next new rider will be. Indicating that starting on 600 is ok for everyone is irresponsible & shows disregard for their safety & the consequences.

We are not all "fine". There have been members that have joined here w/ 600's as first bikes or gotten a 600 shortly after joining, that laid them down almost immediately or shortly thereafter they started riding. Some were ok, others - not. One tragedy is too many.

While we come to the forum to share in the fellowship of riding & to banter about everything from bike mods to taxes, we still need to be careful to not make blanket suggestions - that starting on a 600 is ok for everyone...b/c it simply is NOT.

Every new rider needs to assess their own strengths & weaknesses, skills & limitations, & maturity level...preferably while taking a safety course. The safety course will teach them technique & how to build upon that safely. What they choose to start on as a first bike has to be their decision, based on those individual factors & responsible research - not b/c its suggested here that starting on a 600 is ok for everyone.

Our suggestion to new riders should always be - start riding safely & build their experience level to become a responsible rider on whatever bike they choose based on the factors above.

i agree 100%, i should reword my earlier welcome.....

i think that a 600 is a great starter bike but for those who can respect the fact that it is a powerful machine and can handle the fact that the learning will take some time just to get use to the power and responsiveness of the machine. those who learn on 600 have to be responsible and patient. the learning process will take some time and an empty parking lot will be most safe place to practice and learn after taking your Motorcycle courses. full gear is a must for all riders but those who just start should make sure they are protected from head to toes.

Last edited by scorpionvmu; 01-27-2012 at 06:10 PM.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:18 PM

ok well i just went to see the bike.. it is pretty mint.. i just have a few questions is the seat saposto come off very easy? and also he cut the plastic where the lisence plate is saposto go.. not the lights just right under it.. and mounted the lisence plate under the seat.. theres also a little crack next to the windsheld because of a kicked up rock from a truck..