New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Hey guys and dolls... Mostly dolls :)

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 02:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey guys and dolls... Mostly dolls :)

Just here to introduce myself. Got my license in '08, rode up at school on a friends bike, came home, got a good commission check, and bought myself one of my own.

I picked up a '98 CBR f3 (completely stock with 10k on it) this past april and have been loving the great New England weather and riding again. One mark near the gastank (I was looking for a black leather tank bra to go around and cover that scratch shown, but they are tough to find) and a few tiny scratches on the side from thre previous owner is all i found wrong with the bike, clean steal for me.

Not planning to do much do it... Just finished a DDM tuning 6000K 55W High/low HID kit on it, want to get a new double bubble wind screen, flush mounts, and a fender eliminator kit, and I have frame sliders I am going to put on (I just need a new 2" hole saw and a free afternoon to do them).

I was also toying with the idea of getting the seat re-upholstered (because of the tiny tear) and getting some dark red rim tape... any thoughts?

Attached Thumbnails Hey guys and dolls... Mostly dolls :)-img_2802.jpg   Hey guys and dolls... Mostly dolls :)-img_2804.jpg   Hey guys and dolls... Mostly dolls :)-img_2803.jpg   Hey guys and dolls... Mostly dolls :)-img_2806.jpg  
Old 08-23-2010, 02:21 PM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to CBRF!
Nice F3,shes in great shape!
The guys in the F3 forum can help you with questions you might have on your new bike.
The rim tape would look real nice IMHO so you have the go ahead from me
Ride safe and enjoy the forum

Old 08-27-2010, 11:11 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's a sharp F3 you've got there and 10k miles is next to nothing.
On the seat, they make liquid vinyl stuff that might work ok, at least to keep it from tearing any more. May help cover it up a bit, too.
Not sure where to get a tank bra, but I've seen them around.
Welcome to the site!

Old 08-28-2010, 04:15 PM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

that's one fine example of a classic. welcome to the site!

Old 08-30-2010, 10:07 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Fred, that's a great looking and original F3 you have, well done on the find

There's an F3 review here...
https://cbrforum.com/forum/stickies-91/cbr600f3-super-review-best-steel-frames-96869/

The F3 is an excellent bike and goes well too ... take care on it and enjoy the foums,

Jules

Old 08-30-2010, 09:38 PM

Welcome

Pretty bike, pretty colors. I found one of those but it was just a little too far and not quite a good enough deal, so I ended up with red and black instead.

I also have a tank bra I took off mine... PM me if you're interested.

Old 09-22-2010, 08:53 PM

Anybody know this guy?

Sold him a tank bra (hope that's okay bosses, didn't think to review the rules first), hope he received it, seems to be MIA...

Old 09-22-2010, 09:06 PM

Nice wheels.

Welcome to CBRforum.com

Old 09-22-2010, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by thatsarachik
Anybody know this guy?

Sold him a tank bra (hope that's okay bosses, didn't think to review the rules first), hope he received it, seems to be MIA...
Women sell all sorts of things online. Bras / socks / other items. Pretty crazy...

Anywayyssss - did you not get your money Sara?

Old 09-23-2010, 07:14 AM
Default Mia

SOrry guys and gals, ive been out riding enjoying the last few days of summer. Made some improvements to the bike... Tank bra cleaned it up a little bit, hacked up the fender and put in an integrated tail light and kept the stock directionals (i want to get clear lenses or get smaller directionals, dont know which route to take yet), did some scarlet rim tape (pain to install, but looks OKAY... wish i had a steadier hand/had taken the wheel off) and have yet to install my flush mounts. Ill post pics shortly.

Quick Reply: Hey guys and dolls... Mostly dolls :)