New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Hey dudes,ladies...thought I would say howdy

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2020, 10:09 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up Hey dudes,ladies...thought I would say howdy

Just aquired a 2002 954. Really excited to get her back up and running. She has been severely neglected...I never understand that...sat for the last 8 years. Has super low mileage and appears to be un-molested. Looks all stock except for a Two brothers and heated grips. Plastics are near mint which is very cool,the rest is just time/cash. Anyway,looking forward to being apart of this community...looks awesome. Thru her up on the table and brought her back to life with just a swap out for a non priming fuel pump.Brakes/masters are all frozen,but the worst of it is the stanchion tubes.A few pics...

T/A

The following users liked this post:
Doc Samson (12-09-2020)
Old 11-29-2020, 03:01 PM
Received 147 Likes on 128 Posts

Beautiful - where did you find her?

Old 11-29-2020, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by rockpool
Beautiful - where did you find her?
My buddy owns a bike shop here in town (out of business tomorrow after 33 years,same locale) a customer brought it in a few weeks ago. Wouldn't start,No shi7 right after leaving it sit for 8 years (jerk) Anyway I get tasked to make it run,so I do.Then I've been helping my bud out,did a few bikes for him,got those out the door,major clean-up and throw out of 4000 sq ft of mostly used parts (he was a bike wrecker for years) and I told him how much I loved the bike. Well for helping him out...he buys it off the guy and gives it to me. How cool is that?
Andy.

Old 11-30-2020, 06:35 AM
Received 147 Likes on 128 Posts

Sad for your friend - those old bike shops are disappearing now making it really hard to find people who can work on anything 10+ years old - good story for you though, and what a great gift!

Old 11-30-2020, 07:13 AM

Sad for your friend - those old bike shops are disappearing now making it really hard to find people who can work on anything 10+ years old - good story for you though, and what a great gift!
It has crushed him. He never made alot of my doing it,just liked helping riders and loves bikes. The parts that went to the steel/ally graveyard,you would not believe.Well,last day today,take care,
Andy.

Old 12-09-2020, 04:12 PM
Welcome crew
Received 213 Likes on 192 Posts

It is tough to see small, independent shops of any kind close up. Got a guy in my town who has been around forever, but he is older and might have a few more years to go, but no one is waiting in the wings to take over...

As for the bike, she's a looker! Hope you post up more pics as you pretty her up!

Old 12-09-2020, 07:51 PM

Awesome right. Now I just gotta scrape up some cash for parts. Covid is killing me.

Old 12-09-2020, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Samson
It is tough to see small, independent shops of any kind close up. Got a guy in my town who has been around forever, but he is older and might have a few more years to go, but no one is waiting in the wings to take over...

As for the bike, she's a looker! Hope you post up more pics as you pretty her up!
Its freakin sad right,the small indepedants are a dying breed. I loved that shop.