New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Herro

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 05:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Herro

Hey guys

Seeing as I'm a new rider and how I picked up a CBR a month or so ago, i figured I might as well join a forum for it; In case I ever need help fixing it. Which will be soon i'm sure.

I have a 99 CBR600f4. Candy apple red. Here's a horrible cellphone picture of it.

Name:  czxvf.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  194.2 KB

That was taken a month or so ago after I bought it. Only thing that has changed since then is that the bike is now missing this -

Name:  KQs7A.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  503 Bytes

Second time on it (today), was practicing in a parking lot with my gf's uncle, freaked out because i was approaching a curb quickly and I forgot how to stop.(fail) I jerked to the left, pulling both the levers hard. (fail) I fell, the mirror snapped, and the bike now has a couple sexy battle scars. I practiced the rest of the morning without any other incidents

Anyways i'm 19, working full-time, college in the spring. I like videogaimz (starcraft 2 / BFBC2). if you want to play me in SC, PM me I'm terrible though.

Sooo - where can I get some mirrors cheap? ;D

Old 09-18-2010, 06:07 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Howdy hey, welcome aboard! Cheapcheapcheap mirrors will prolly be eBay. OEM which do you wanna give up, arm or leg?

Curb too fast, I can pretty much guarantee there was something you did: you stared at the curb Target fixation with motorcycles is really bad. Because you pretty much go where you look. Remember this:
Name:  Motivational-Direction.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  31.0 KB

May I suggest you go find the local MSF course and sign up right away? The Beginner Rider Course will do mountains for your confidence. Especially since the bike that you drop will be theirs

Old 09-18-2010, 06:11 PM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

1. welcome to the forum!

2. eBay.

Old 09-19-2010, 02:27 PM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello and Welcome to the CBR Forum. Hope when you bought your motorcycle that someone told you, "you will drop it". Glad it was only a mirror and some scratches. A big plus you are practicing in a parking lot. Like others have said, MSF is the way to go. Knowledge is Power.

Gear up and Ride Safe...

Old 09-19-2010, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Indiana Hurricane
Hello and Welcome to the CBR Forum. Hope when you bought your motorcycle that someone told you, "you will drop it". Glad it was only a mirror and some scratches. A big plus you are practicing in a parking lot. Like others have said, MSF is the way to go. Knowledge is Power.

Gear up and Ride Safe...
Yep I heard it so many times. That's why I bought a cheap little beater bike

This sounds stupid but i'm glad I fell. I would rather have fallen and snapped a mirror then had a thought in my head like "oh man, i haven't fallen yet. I must be really good or something." and do something stupid later.

Hopefully taking the MSF course early October.

Old 09-19-2010, 05:16 PM

Welcome aboard! Have fun and enjoy the stay!

Nick.

Old 09-19-2010, 09:51 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chit happens, man!
At least you have a good attitude about it. Doesn't sound like too much damage was done, either.
Imagine if you'd dropped a new RR or something!

Enjoy the site, and practice practice practice!
On the "target fixation" subject, it's always helped me to think about it as looking for an "escape" vs. "looking where you want to go".
Maybe it's just semantics, but looking for an 'escape' has always made more sense to me when practicing avoidance. Just a thought.