New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Hello from Wales..

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 11:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

welcome Neale.

Hope the new old bike treats you well. Look forward to your mastery of posting photos so we can check out your ride.

Old 09-30-2017, 12:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello... hope everyone is ok... has been quite wet here today... had to go shopping earlier, but managed to get there and back between showers.. ...

It took a while, but have managed to work out how to upload pictures...

Will be collecting this one tomorrow... looking forward to riding something that doesn't sound like an old tractor..

This is my old cbr.. had it for nearly three years... she has been my only form of transport and is an excellent bike.. but three of the exhaust studs have failed and its blowing... gonna try and get it fixed but can't afford to be off the road.. that's why I bought the other one, because my rack for my top box should bolt straight on..

Take it easy ... all the best. Neale

Old 09-30-2017, 02:05 PM
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

They both look like nice clean bikes Neale.

Glad you got the picture thing sorted

Old 09-30-2017, 09:15 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice. I have a soft spot for the red, white, blue colors.
I echo the comment about mastering the art of photo attachment.

Cheers.

Old 10-03-2017, 02:49 PM

Hi... hope all is well.. thanks for the replies and the nice welcome...

Have had my F2 for a couple of days... its a very different feel to my F3, but I quite like it.. has done hardly any miles in the past 20 years, so is a bit lumpy...but its starting to clear now and I think its gonna be a nice little bike... rack and top box bolted straight on, well happy about that.. had a bit of a scare earlier at the lights... some old guy tapped me on the shoulder and pointed out a puddle of petrol beneath the bike.. didn't have any tools on me... managed to get to a mates house near by to find a fuel line had split when I put it all back together yesterday.. didn't realize... the pipe looked OK to me ....freaked me out a bit... anyways, got some good quality fuel pipe on it now... should be OK... anyway, hope you and yours are happy and well... all the best. Neale

Old 10-04-2017, 02:12 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Is that a Renntec luggage rack, I’ve been trying to find one for my 1995 F3 they’re like hens teeth

Old 10-04-2017, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Gunk
Is that a Renntec luggage rack, I’ve been trying to find one for my 1995 F3 they’re like hens teeth
Looks like a Renntec.

I remember missing out on one for the 900 for £10 on e-bay and I kicked myself waiting for another, 'cos no way was I spending nearly £100 for a new one

I finally managed to bag one for £35, tokk nearly a year! Now I just need to get a replacement box and base plate. I let my other one go with my last bike, another smart move

Old 10-04-2017, 03:50 PM

Hi... hope everybody is well...

Yes, its a Renntec rack which I bought on ebay earlier in the year... had tried for ages to find arms for my Givi box without much luck.. so got this one and a universal plate... the rack was about £90 odd quid, can't remember how much the plate was, but they are really well made.. had a look on ebay for you earlier, but couldn't find one... just gotta keep looking I guess...

The dealer changed the oil and filter on the f2 last week.. I've done about 100 odd miles since I bought it, so thought I would change them again today.. what came out was quite dirty .. don't know what happens to oil sitting in a sump, but the bike has done hardly any miles in years.... got an air filter coming this week.. should improve things a bit more and just keep using it... its quite different to the f3, feels smaller and lighter.. good fun though...

A friend is gonna take a look at the f3 this week.. see if the exhaust stud problem can be fixed.. I doubt if it can, but then I am not a mechanic and he is.. if it can be fixed I'll sell it.. if not then will break it.. sad to do that really, but there you go.. can't leave it outside being unused and getting rusty..

Anyways people, all the best and hope you and yours are happy and well... Neale

Old 10-04-2017, 05:04 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I’ve got a Renntec on the 900 which I bolt on for longer trips, takes about 10 minutes to fit it.

I’d like to find one for the 600 as I’d just leave it on all the time.

Old 10-04-2017, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by neale.w
Hi... hope everybody is well...

Yes, its a Renntec rack which I bought on ebay earlier in the year... had tried for ages to find arms for my Givi box without much luck.. so got this one and a universal plate... the rack was about £90 odd quid, can't remember how much the plate was, but they are really well made.. had a look on ebay for you earlier, but couldn't find one... just gotta keep looking I guess...

The dealer changed the oil and filter on the f2 last week.. I've done about 100 odd miles since I bought it, so thought I would change them again today.. what came out was quite dirty .. don't know what happens to oil sitting in a sump, but the bike has done hardly any miles in years.... got an air filter coming this week.. should improve things a bit more and just keep using it... its quite different to the f3, feels smaller and lighter.. good fun though...

A friend is gonna take a look at the f3 this week.. see if the exhaust stud problem can be fixed.. I doubt if it can, but then I am not a mechanic and he is.. if it can be fixed I'll sell it.. if not then will break it.. sad to do that really, but there you go.. can't leave it outside being unused and getting rusty..

Anyways people, all the best and hope you and yours are happy and well... Neale
Hi Neal.

I had a couple of broken studs on my previous bike (CBR1000F).

I made some enquiries at my local car garage and they put me in touch with a guy just down the road, who drilled them out and fitted Helicoils (I think). He was an amazing guy, that had like a whole engineering shop in his garage.

I removed the head myself, so he only charged me about £30-£40.

The thought of doing this, nearly put me in a coma, but it was surprisingly easy with the help from this forum. Now it wouldn't phase me at all, so don't let this put you off.

As far as the oil is concerned, maybe if the bike has been sitting idle for many years, it could take a couple of changes to flush out all the dirt, so doing another change was probably a good idea

Quick Reply: Hello from Wales..