New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Hello from Indiana

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 07:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from Indiana

I myself have a passion for the vintage inline 4s and I currently have a 75 cb550 that I spotted in a shed a couple of years ago, spent about a year getting it back into shape and is now my "play toy" in the summer. I also have a 73 cb750 which I'm putting together for my oldest son and it will be road worthy this coming spring. In the mean time the newest addition to my garage is a 98 cbr600 F3 that my youngest son picked up about a week ago. His previous bike an 85 vf500 interceptor had a major engine failure this last summer. The cbr only has 7k miles on it and is in outstanding mechanical condition however the fairing is junk and my kid just got an F4 fairing for it and hopefully with the help of all of you on this site we can make this fairing conversion possible.

Old 12-25-2011, 10:38 AM

welcome to cbrf and Merry Christmas. Sounds like you have a nice hobby restoring those older bikes, how about some pics showing your work or progress. And for the conversion for F4i plastics, just search around on the forums there are plenty of tuts, etc.

Old 12-25-2011, 11:15 PM
2011 Ride of the Year

welcome to CBRf

great place for the info you need to accomplish your task at hand.
lets see some pics.

Old 12-26-2011, 05:46 AM

Welcome the forum too mate looking forward to getting to know you all soon..

Old 12-26-2011, 07:22 AM

For what ever reason my User CP wont allow me access to create a photo album but once I figure something out I'll upload some pics soon

Old 12-26-2011, 11:22 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JScottB
For what ever reason my User CP wont allow me access to create a photo album but once I figure something out I'll upload some pics soon
You just need to be a member for more than 2 seconds. ;-) All joking aside, you need to get a few posts under your belt b/f full privileges kick in.

Welcome to the forum.

Old 12-28-2011, 06:14 PM

OK you wanted it so here it is. The following pick is a 73 cb750 K3 that my oldest son picked up from a cousin of mine. When we got it it had sat covered up yet still pretty dirty for 20 years and set up for highway cruising with Windjammer fairing and hard saddle bags. Those all came off and in it's place will be a gas tank and seat from a 77 750 SS but all else will be 73 750K. All it really needs now is tank and all trim painted and should be on the road come spring time.[IMG]http://Name:  750.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  169.4 KB Name:  750.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  169.4 KB

Old 12-28-2011, 06:27 PM

And this is my baby 75 cb550 K1. I picked it up about 2 years ago and it's the very first bike I've owned. I get a real sense of satisfaction taking something mechanical that's been neglected then turn around and clean it all back up and make it usable again and this bike fit the bill. I spotted it in a shed severely neglected and missing half its parts ...... and I just HAD to have it. It took me about a year, a bunch of ebay surfing and a 73 cb500 parts bike that was actually in better shape than the 550 however the 550 had a title, the 500 didn't. I later found out that the 550 was the better bike of the 2 anyhow. I'd be lucky to break even if I were to sell it and more upgrades are planned for spring time but I'm not concerned about it's resale value. I like it and it's a blast to ride and gets a ton of compliments from other riders because vintage Jap bikes are pretty rare around here. I also just got my motorcycle license late this last summer allowing me to take my wife riding with me and she loves it too. Name:  bike1.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  203.3 KB

Old 12-29-2011, 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by JScottB
And this is my baby 75 cb550 K1. I picked it up about 2 years ago and it's the very first bike I've owned. I get a real sense of satisfaction taking something mechanical that's been neglected then turn around and clean it all back up and make it usable again and this bike fit the bill. I spotted it in a shed severely neglected and missing half its parts ...... and I just HAD to have it. It took me about a year, a bunch of ebay surfing and a 73 cb500 parts bike that was actually in better shape than the 550 however the 550 had a title, the 500 didn't. I later found out that the 550 was the better bike of the 2 anyhow. I'd be lucky to break even if I were to sell it and more upgrades are planned for spring time but I'm not concerned about it's resale value. I like it and it's a blast to ride and gets a ton of compliments from other riders because vintage Jap bikes are pretty rare around here. I also just got my motorcycle license late this last summer allowing me to take my wife riding with me and she loves it too.
Awsome mate I love old bikes especially the cafe racer styles good luck with your projects!

Old 01-03-2012, 02:12 PM

Those look to be in decent shape, I like to take those or even the kawasaki kz, and put 900rr rims, frontend, etc and trick them out. Its fun to bring back the older style with a new look.

Quick Reply: Hello from Indiana