New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Hello I am new to bikes, just got an f4i and I'm having the time of my life!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 01:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello I am new to bikes, just got an f4i and I'm having the time of my life!

Name:  IMG_4304.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  33.2 KB
Name:  IMG_4909.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  74.8 KB

Mine is the red one. Its a 2001 F4i. Been riding it for about a week now. My first bike EVER. Haven't dropped it yet :-) I can guess that lots of you will probably be like "this is way too much bike for you buddy", but I've been taking it slowly, been careful, just took it out on the freeway like yesterday, before that lots of dinking around in parking lots and around my block....I'm living the dream!

Last edited by djandy_m; 05-12-2011 at 01:09 AM.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:33 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very Nice Djandy ... nice bike and very cool bike to start riding on.. but please remember "respect" respect the power, respect the road and expect idiot drivers to do the wrong thing so your always ready.. don't joke about dropping it cause there will be nothing funny about it when bones are broken and skin is scraped and peeled. have you got the basic riding gear? oh and remember that split decision you make may be your last so always exercise patience and weigh up the cost of either getting to destination 5 minutes later or possibly not getting there at all. ... but anyways enough lecture.. welcome and have a great time in your new bike experience. the troop on here are very knowledgeable so get advise along the way.
cheers mate

Old 05-12-2011, 07:32 AM

welcome, and i won't tell you that. I started on an f4i as well. Have had absolutely no problems. Just have to know your limits.

nice bike btw, love the color scheme.

Old 05-12-2011, 11:09 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the CBRForum. Nice looking bike.

Old 05-12-2011, 01:49 PM
August 2011 ROTM

Welcome to CBRF. I started with 600rr, according to many people, way too much for me. But beating the odd. Be sate

Old 05-12-2011, 06:11 PM
2011 Ride of the Year

welcome to CBRF...
i think the 600 is a great bike for starters.

Old 05-23-2011, 10:59 AM

a friend of mine started out on a triumph daytona 955i when i learned about that bike i was shocked but he did fine, never dropped it. he did quite a bit of trick riding on it too. wheelies and whatnot.

Old 05-23-2011, 11:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, you definitely got the best looking color combo. Fastest, too!

My first street bike was an F3. It's also an I4 600, but carbed with a steel frame, so not quite the same.

If you get the chance to thrash around on a dirt bike, or a less powerful street bike, you should. You will learn a lot experimenting with throttle control, traction, etc. without the harsh consequences and expensive body work you would get with a CBR.

Old 05-23-2011, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by djandy_m

Mine is the red one. Its a 2001 F4i. Been riding it for about a week now. My first bike EVER. Haven't dropped it yet :-) I can guess that lots of you will probably be like "this is way too much bike for you buddy", but I've been taking it slowly, been careful, just took it out on the freeway like yesterday, before that lots of dinking around in parking lots and around my block....I'm living the dream!

Welcome to the world of 2 wheelin' with a motor. If you have not enrolled in a motorcycle safety riding course I would advise you to enroll. They are very helpful and will make you a much safer rider.

Ride safely and ride often.

Old 05-23-2011, 12:27 PM

welcome and beautiful bike. I just got my 06 CBR600RR about 4 weeks ago and have been doing just fine. You will be suprised how many ppl start out on a 600. like others have said, just mak sure you give the bike respect and know your limits. Also make sure you are always wearing your basic riding gear. have fun and be safe!

Quick Reply: Hello I am new to bikes, just got an f4i and I'm having the time of my life!