New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Hello Everyone!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 08:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet looking I like the color. Welcome to the forums

Old 09-15-2010, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by gsgcbr600rr
That's a shame, surely there is someone on here that lives close by who could help you wiv fitting new parts to keep the costs down, c'mon guys help out the damsel in distress.
I know my bike isn't a pos but it's depressing. They said it will take a couple of weeks to fix too

The guy who I bought it from is at least willing to give me $400 towards fixing it. I am just wondering did he know about it before he sold it? Honda tech made it sound like this would have been a known issue and very random for it to only start as soon as I bought it.

I'm over being super crazy pissed. I paid $3,000 for the bike and if I put in $500, I guess $3,500 total is still a good deal (it only has 6,600 miles). I'm just trying to stay positive. It's really hard though!

Old 09-16-2010, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by AmyNxDx
I know my bike isn't a pos but it's depressing. They said it will take a couple of weeks to fix too

The guy who I bought it from is at least willing to give me $400 towards fixing it. I am just wondering did he know about it before he sold it? Honda tech made it sound like this would have been a known issue and very random for it to only start as soon as I bought it.

I'm over being super crazy pissed. I paid $3,000 for the bike and if I put in $500, I guess $3,500 total is still a good deal (it only has 6,600 miles). I'm just trying to stay positive. It's really hard though!
$400 is the least he should do but at least he's willing to do something, there's a lot of ppl that wouldn't, the fact he's gonna give u the money would suggest to me that he knew something was wrong wiv the bike but fair play for going back to him n not just taking it on the chin. Hope it all gets sorted, keep us posted.

Old 09-16-2010, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by gsgcbr600rr
$400 is the least he should do but at least he's willing to do something, there's a lot of ppl that wouldn't, the fact he's gonna give u the money would suggest to me that he knew something was wrong wiv the bike but fair play for going back to him n not just taking it on the chin. Hope it all gets sorted, keep us posted.
I keep telling myself "At least he's giving me $400". The whole situation sucks. I can't prove that he knew about it and I want to hope he didn't. He's a good friend of a good friend. They recommended him and trusted him and now they are furious because it made them look bad. I'm trying to be polite to the guy and get the money. Afterwards I have a few things I want to say to him.

Old 09-16-2010, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by AmyNxDx
I keep telling myself "At least he's giving me $400". The whole situation sucks. I can't prove that he knew about it and I want to hope he didn't. He's a good friend of a good friend. They recommended him and trusted him and now they are furious because it made them look bad. I'm trying to be polite to the guy and get the money. Afterwards I have a few things I want to say to him.
Awww I can see how that could be awkward, but yeah give him what for once u have your money. Hopefully it all works out ok

Old 09-18-2010, 03:20 AM
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Wink

I wish I did live closer, I would definately help her fix that F4i, just so I could ride with her!! Hi & Welcome AmyNxDx to the forum!

Last edited by OutlawF4; 09-18-2010 at 03:26 AM.
Old 09-18-2010, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by OutlawF4
I wish I did live closer, I would definately help her fix that F4i, just so I could ride with her!! Hi & Welcome AmyNxDx to the forum!
hehe thanks

Old 09-20-2010, 04:00 PM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome aboard AMy and congrats on getting the F4i..its a great bike.
Sorry to hear about your problems,especially right after you bought it.
Looking forward to hearing what your Honda dealer has to say about your bike.
Good luck and keep us posted

Old 09-21-2010, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by hondajunkie
Welcome aboard AMy and congrats on getting the F4i..its a great bike.
Sorry to hear about your problems,especially right after you bought it.
Looking forward to hearing what your Honda dealer has to say about your bike.
Good luck and keep us posted
Thanks and I sure will!! I hope to be hearing from them soon. I know I'll be going up there later. I just have a gut feeling they are going to fix the transmission, get $1k out of me and that won't even have fixed it!

Old 09-21-2010, 08:08 AM

Welcome to CBRforum.com