New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Hello, from Estonia!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2017, 12:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello, from Estonia!

Hi everybody!

I am a very big ninties sportsbikes fan. Few years back i bought 98' cbr f3 or what was left from it. Basically i saved it from junkyard. It had no fairings, no Lights and no seat. The guy who was selling it wanted to build a stuntbike but after removing the fairings left it standing outside behind of his garage for about 1,5 years.
When i first saw her it was a sad moment. Just like a seeing a starving puppy behind a dumpster pegging you to take her home and feed her. But after replacing a new battery she started right up, even with the 1,5yo gasoline in the tank. I listened that magical sound for a few seconds and i was sold. Gave the guy few hundered euros and took the bike home. This is how my addiction started.
After spending some time inspecting it it was clear that it is not reasonable to try and restore it to its original condition so i started a little project. At first i wanted to build a cafe racer style naked bike , rebuilt the wheels, built a new subframe, installed ducati monster seat, overhauled the brakes, cleaned the carbs, installed superbike style handlebars... basically it was ready for painting, even drove a few hundered km testride but then i changed my mind. I didnt like what i had created.
i didnt like the frankenbike look and i felt that this once beautiful machine was beeing abused. It needed fairings and it belongs to tracks.
So i started all over again, this time it will be a nice little trackday bike. And this is the main reason joining this forum- to get a quality information and advice since im not a true mechanic but i can hold a wrench and i want to learn more about engines and bikes.

Br
Peter

Old 12-09-2017, 06:31 AM
Super Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome Peter, any pictures of the bikes

Old 12-09-2017, 03:16 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Piccies please

Old 12-09-2017, 04:16 PM

Right after arriving home

... when it was almost "ready"

yeah, i know its not a cafe racer at all and the headlamp looks funny... I must say all the fabrication work with the subframe is not done by me. I had a guy who welded it together.

And the current state:

Put the clipons back on and now looking for some racing fairings. then i can go on with the process.

PS. English is not my first language so sorry for a bad grammar

Old 12-10-2017, 12:10 AM
Super Moderator

Nothing wrong with your English Peter, and nothing wrong with changing your mind , I think there's only a certain type of bike that look's good Street Fightered/Café Racer , so going back to track bike is a good decision

Old 12-10-2017, 07:21 AM
Super Moderator
Received 311 Likes on 255 Posts

Nice bike. That is an interesting shade of blue, I like it. Thanks for posting up the pictures.

Old 12-11-2017, 07:41 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Welcome Peter, nice bike and hope that all your plans for the bike work out for you.
Safe Riding!
William

Old 12-12-2017, 02:17 PM

Thanks for the good words guys!
Today i bought my second CBR. I was looking around for a parts bike for a long time and then one bike showed up for sale. Its a 91 f2, 2 owner bike. In perfect condition, all original, 26000km on the clock and it seems to me that it is very true because bike looks almost brand new. no rust, no marks of usage at all, very few minor scratches on the lower part of the fairing. The first owner bought it from official dealer and he had it from 1991 to 2011. Second owner bought it from him 2011 and because of lack of time it stood most of the time, was driven occaisionaly.
And the price was so good that i couldn't believe it when i saw it. All it needs is change of fluids, little detailing and it can be saved for the next generations (my son) as a show bike

Old 12-12-2017, 04:50 PM
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Wow! What a find.

Even the stickers on the swingarm look new.

Welcome to the forum BTW

Old 12-13-2017, 01:56 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Hawkwind2016
Wow! What a find.

Even the stickers on the swingarm look new.

Welcome to the forum BTW
Yes a lovely looking bike

Quick Reply: Hello, from Estonia!