New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Hello from AZ

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 07:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from AZ

Hey all!

My name's Rob, I'm a Staff Sergeant (select) in the Air Force stationed out of Luke AFB, Arizona (right outside of Phoenix). I'm a machinist and a welder workin on F-16s. I own a 2005 CBR 600 F4i. I was plannin on gettin a 06' RR, but insurance was just a bit too crazy for my meager income. so I went pre-owned with the 05. It has a little over 5000 miles on it and I'm in love. I owned a 93 CBR 600 F2 for about a year before I sold it to a friend that was dying for a cheap motorcycle.

I've already done a few custom mods and plan on making everything I can myself I've painted my windshield a gloss black and I've made a fender eliminator, just need to get rid of those big turn signals and fix a little problem with the aft side of the eliminator showing and I'll be good to go! My next project is going to be some custom made bar ends and some personalized brake fluid resevoir caps. Being a machinist with access to a few CNC machines helps. I've been cruising through the forums for a few weeks now, I just had the time to finally upload some pics onto it, so I thought I'd introduce myself

I hope the pics went through on my account, I wasn't really sure what i was doing!

Cheers!
-Rob

Old 08-19-2006, 11:54 AM
Default RE: Hello from AZ

Hello & Welcome!!

Old 08-19-2006, 12:54 PM
Retired Administrator

Nice work so far. I could see where it would be handy to have a mill and CNC machines to make your own products. I never thought about it... I just separated from the Navy and I worked with MRs and the likes. I had all the access to free stock, burn tables and all the machines I could have dreamed for. I should have had them make custom reservoir caps for me with my name. You can always buy the RR logos and such, but that's been done.

Old 08-20-2006, 10:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forum!!

Nice bike
Sounds like the machines are kind of handy for ya.
I might have to hit you up for some parts. haha
I myself also a former Navy man ("squid") worked on F-14's back in the day.

Old 08-21-2006, 01:32 AM

welcome to the forum! nice bike