New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Hello all! New rider with fun new bike!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 05:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello all! New rider with fun new bike!

Hello Everybody!

So glad this awesome community exists. My name is Antonio and I am from Maine. This past spring I bought a 2001 CBR 600 f4i for a great price. Very cheap, I knew that it was not running, but am having a lot more trouble getting it going than I thought! But I will leave that for another thread! I am a new rider and got out today on my bike and had an absolute blast! I am just looking to meet new people and learn new methods of riding and enjoying the world of motorcycles! Thanks so much to everybody!

Best,
Antonio

Old 04-05-2009, 09:07 PM

Hey Classic!

Thanks so much for all the links! They are all great. I am so glad you included the manual to my bike, I had looked high and low for that, and with your direction and a few clicks I had it.

I am looking into the riding methods. I felt much more comfortable today on my first ride than I though. Though I will get a much better feeling when the bike is running as it supposed to be. Thanks again Classic!

Best,
Antonio

Old 04-05-2009, 10:22 PM

I've been looking at all of them! Once again, thank you so much!

Best,
Antonio

Old 04-06-2009, 12:18 AM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello Antonio, you sure came to the right place, best CBR forum on the net, imho. Lots of F4i owners here. Nice grammar btw, that's a rarity nowadays, lol. Be safe and keep it rubber side down.
Welcome to CBRF

Old 04-06-2009, 08:17 AM

Hey Incognito,

Thanks so much for the support! It certainly seems this is the best place for information on CBRs, as well as a great community of nice people.

I certainly hope to keep all the rubber on the ground I can. I plan to enjoy this bike differently than the stunting crowd has, though what they do is very impressive. Should be a wonderful bike once it's at 100%.

Thanks again Incognito.

Best,
Antonio

Old 04-06-2009, 12:39 PM

Hey everyone,

I just though I would share how I got my first bike, if you are interested. This past summer I had been on dirt bikes every day, was such a blast, and a great way to learn the controls of a bike.

I decided I really wanted a road bike as I love to drive my car during the summer, and though I love my little civic for summer driving, I felt a bike would be so exciting!

In the fall I found a 2001 CBR 600 f4i for 1300$. I figured:Stolen, destroyed, or something terrible. I went to check it out and fell in love with it's looks, it's hot! I learned a bit more about the bike and also found the seller was an old friend of my dad's, so I found a bit more trust there. I wish I had asked more questions about the bike, but I didn't know exactly what I was getting into. Regardless, It doesn't seem anything is terribly wrong with it, for $1300 I don't mind spending a bit more on it. Clean title, bill of sale. I just can't get it running right!

If you wanna check out what I am dealing with for problems, check out my post under the 600f4i section. "F4i with Several Silly Problems" Thanks for hangin' out with me!

Best,
Antonio

Old 04-06-2009, 10:04 PM

Thanks so much Classic! I sure hope the community will lend me a hand, they have already thrown me a bunch of ideas. We will see what happens!

I am wicked excited, it will be fun to go out and ride with my dad! Looking forward to it as well as meeting others. Yesterday during my first ride, I got my first "Motorcycle waive" from a Harley rider! I was so pumped!

Best,
Antonio