New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Hello.......

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 01:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello.......

Hey everyone,

Thought I should drop by here and say hello. I am Beth, I have two kids, a boy and girl, 2 and3 (in April). I am primarily a sahm, but I do work about 3 hrs a day 4 days a week at a gym in town (as a trainer). I have an awesome husbandwho inspired my love for riding.I just got a '08 CBR600RRlast week, and so I thought it appropriate to join a CBR forum.
I use to ride a Harley Sportster, but got rid of it a few yrs ago. Plus I figured I would never have time to ride after I had kids. And true I don't have alot of time to ride, but my husband convinced me to get it to save on gas driving to work. The one place I actually go without the kids. Like I said, I am use to a cruiser, but man I am LOVING this crotch rocket!!!

Oh hey by the way, any of you know a cheap place to buy the Icon Bombshell chaps? I have the jacket already, but I need some chaps and warmer gloves before I go riding my bike to work at 4:30am! I wish it would hurry and warm up!!

Anyway, I look forward to hanging around and chatting with you all.

Beth~

Old 02-20-2008, 01:58 PM
Banned
Default RE: Hello.......

I go riding my bike to work at 4:30am!
That is in the morning right?

Welcome to site, I can't help you with the Chaps thing, but it is always good to have a new member.

Old 02-20-2008, 02:20 PM

Yeah, that is morning. Until the last couple of days it has been in the 30's in the mornings, and i have a 35 minute drive. Just seems like i would freeze my butt off unless I had all the right gear on.
Thanks for the welcome.

Old 02-20-2008, 02:45 PM

Your crazy for riding when it's that cold...especially when it's 30 degrees, at 50 mph it's 0 degrees. You got bigger ***** than me, thats for sure...but I do remember when I got my first bike, I had like 5 sweatshirts on and 3 pairs of pants and I was out there tearing up the streets. Must be nice at 4:30 am too, no traffic.

What state are you from? I'm from CT and it'sCOLD on a bike here this time of year...

Old 02-20-2008, 07:16 PM
Retired Administrator

Nice, you got the graffiti, love that bike. Welcome to the forum.

Old 02-20-2008, 07:42 PM

No, I haven't drove it to work yet. I want to, but it IS too cold in the mornings still. I think hopefully by next month if I have the chaps and gloves it will be ok.
By the way, I am just outside of Dallas, Tx.

Thanks for the welcome.

Old 02-20-2008, 08:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mad Props to new members for contributing to this forum!!!!!!

[sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=drooldude.gif][sm=thanx.gif][sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 02-20-2008, 09:56 PM

Hi Beth! Welcome to the forum, hope you like it here! As for the icon chaps your best bet would be to order direct from icon (www.iconmotorsports.com) or try a place called bike bandit (www.bikebandit.com). I have tons of icon gear and i get the majority of it through bike bandit. their prices are really good! I live in canada andbike bandit isin the states and i still get it cheaper through them than buying it here. Check them out! Hope this help's L8R

Old 02-21-2008, 12:33 PM

Thanks for the welcome. I am enjoying myself here already.

And thanks for the tips on chaps. Still haven't been able to find them any cheaper than I already did. Guess I am just going to have to go ahead and throw down for them.

Old 02-21-2008, 02:12 PM

ORIGINAL: blondbiker82

Thanks for the welcome. I am enjoying myself here already.
You really ARE enjoying yourself on here... lol...and I'm enjoying you on here, also!!

Why can't there be any cool gals like you and kate in CT?!?! Nothing but stuck up bitches around here...