New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Greetings from SD

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 09:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greetings from SD

Well...I made the leap, again....and ended up getting myself a 01 CBR600 f4i.

I started riding back in 09 and fell in love with it before I even had my license. My dad had bought a bike and was driving it since I was about 10. I knew I would love it. After deciding I really wanted a bike, and a picture of my friends 250 ninja, I bought an 08 250r and put about 5,000 miles on it that season. By the end of summer, I bought a 03 V-star 650 classic.

I put 650 mile round trip on the 250 during a day trip to Sturgis and decided I needed something a LOT more comfortable. which was the 650 at the end of the season last year in August. Well I sold the ninja and paid off my 650. Well end of july here a month back, I sold it after putting a massive number of 6000 miles on the bike in the few months I was able to ride it.

I bought a 01 CBR 600 last sunday and rode it back from Paullina IO. Man it was hotter than hell too. I was planning on taking it apart and checking everything on it on the account of my ninja being wrecked badly and rebuild(with a bent frame). It took me a, "okay star it, 2 mile test drive into town and back" allowing myself to get up to 140 on it with a TERRIBLy bald tire I may add :/ and bought it

So...no problems with it, except my shirt rode all the way up my back and it caused a terrible sunburn on my back, which blistered wednesday, peeled off thursday, and almost sent me to the ER friday because of aloe stinging it really badly and unable to get it off. Well...its about to peel again and has terrible blisters....a week later :*(

Still awaiting a new tire....its pretty sad looking. I may have to keep this tire to show off...I also have a nice rattle at about 4500 rpm to 5500 rpm from what I believe is the front lower inner cowling....which is missing two grommets. I also missing two bolts in the front upper inner cowling....the two grey ones around the cluster....and my seat isnt even bolted down...which is a bit sketchy when it started sliding around about 50 miles after I bought it. Also the mirrors blow and I cant see anything behind me. stupid pig spotters

so how are you all?

Old 07-18-2011, 08:40 AM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice short intro the KN , hey welcome to the Forum , sounds like you may have to
post up a pic of that tire man !

Enjoy the Forums

Old 07-18-2011, 10:01 AM

Yeah....im starting to be running on wires and my new tire isnt supposed to be here for a few more days....at least with it being 104 today, 103 tomorrow, 99 wednesday and 106 thursday I may not need to worry about it seeing as my oil sticks around 230 degrees in-town

Old 07-18-2011, 10:02 AM

Hey, I am in Belle Fourche, SD. I have been out of the bike game for awhile..But just picked up a 05 ZX-10R on friday. I am looking for a riding buddy, so if you are ever up this way look me up!

Old 07-18-2011, 10:22 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome aboard Jason! Sounds like you like to live on the wild side. ;-) No worries, you'll fit in fine around here I think.

Sorry about your sunburn. Don't be a squid, get some gear! ;-)

All joking aside, good to have you w/ us.

Old 07-18-2011, 09:32 PM

I may be heading over to spearfish later in the month with my girlie girl so I may have to hit you up....cant do much now....lack of a visor makes highway trips a complete pain in the rear fender due to bugs. But all my bits and peices for the bike are in and i'm going to put them all on tonight. I also got my new visor for my new helmet....but my new helmet isnt here. Still awaiting new tire....not supposed to get it until friday at earliest I believe

Old 07-18-2011, 10:41 PM
2011 Ride of the Year

welcome to CBRF
thats one bold tire

Old 07-19-2011, 01:44 PM

Sounds good. Spearfish canyon is always a nice ride.

A few of us are going to meet in sturgis saturday for a ride. Doesn't sound like you will be able to make that one though haha..Not on that tire at least.

Old 07-19-2011, 01:46 PM

I want to be in Sturgis on the 9th, I think its a monday or tuesday. I know Toby Keith is going to be playing at the Chip and I really want to go to the concert...so I may be in. I have a tire in transit right now so hopefully within 5 to 6 business days it will be at my door and on my bike.