New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Great White North

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 03:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great White North

Greetings,

As the title alludes, I'm a Canuck..location seems to be the theme with the intro threads so, why not.

First things first, I'm pretty new to the sport/supersport experience, but do know a few things about said bikes. However, I actually just transitioned from a cruiser to the CBR.

The old ride: '03 Honda Shadow Spirit, 10mm wider than stock rear Pirelli, Vance & Hines pipes with shortened and drilled baffles (packing removed), and blacked out..I was never much of one for chrome.

Back in '04 I had wanted to pick up a sports bike, and then switched my mind to a Shadow Aero but then life took a course of it's own. Fast forward to '11 and I picked up my previous bike, the '03 Spirit, after almost two years of ownership and riding with middle aged couples on Harleys I decided it was time to switch things up, and check out a faster pace of life.

Enter the '86 Kawasaki GPX750R (Euro spec, more HP, electronic suspension but, very similar to the North American GPz750 Ninja). I almost backed out of riding it because it felt so foreign and initially awkward but, I went for it. It was my younger brother's bike and he ended up letting me borrow it for a day; it was great and powerful, despite it's age and what I was accustomed to. Stock image below.

After all that being said and, a lot of misleads, false interests and other wastes of time, I ended up trading my Shadow for a '01 CBR 600 F4i late last week. Here's a few photos.

I don't think I could ask for much more in a sport bike at this time, I'm a sucker for a blacked out bike as well, haha. The spikes on the front may be cheesy to a lot of people but, I actually dig them.
The weather here has been on the crap side with ample rain and temperatures just above freezing but, it hasn't stopped me from riding a bit every day since I picked up this scoot - unfortunately I have yet to really be able to test out the bikes capabilities due to the weather but, it being a bike that's new to me it is probably for the better whilst I become familiar and more accustomed to the machine.

Last edited by 74demon; 01-28-2013 at 09:58 AM. Reason: fix pic link
Old 01-28-2013, 10:02 AM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Congrats on the bike. I think it'll be your favorite one yet. I know my Harley just sits because my Honda is way more gun to ride.

You're going to have a fun spring and summer!!!!

Old 01-28-2013, 02:05 PM

Thanks Demon, looks like you've had a couple Harley's now. I still dig the cruisers myself and in an ideal world I would've kept the Spirit and just bought the F4i but, there's time for such later on in life. Do you happen to have any photos of your '01 Custom?

Old 01-28-2013, 02:31 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

This is the only one I have on me. I'll see what I got at home later...

Name:  IMAG0077_zps1ff0f6c3.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  73.4 KB

Old 01-28-2013, 03:16 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

welcome to the forum! nice group of bikes there!

Old 01-29-2013, 02:05 AM
Welcome Crew

hi and welcome
nice collection of bikes

Old 01-29-2013, 08:36 AM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice & welcome to the Forum

Old 01-29-2013, 09:00 AM

I cant believe nobody has made any jokes about him being Canadian.......
Welcome to the forums...

Old 01-30-2013, 03:07 AM

Demon, despite not being a fan of yellow that is one nice lookin' bike man!

Thanks for the welcome to the rest of you. Ha, Howie..take off ya hoser, eh! Was just talking about the McKenzie brothers yesterday actually with a friend, surprising eh..lol.

Old 01-30-2013, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by Nekronaut
Demon, despite not being a fan of yellow that is one nice lookin' bike man!

Thanks for the welcome to the rest of you. Ha, Howie..take off ya hoser, eh! Was just talking about the McKenzie brothers yesterday actually with a friend, surprising eh..lol.

Glad you took it as a joke, I was listening to Slacker Radio and the Take Off song came up on the Comedy Channel as I was reading your post. Talk about timing.

Quick Reply: Great White North