New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Got my hurricane!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 06:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbulenz
Wow, that thing is clean!
Yeah mate I still can't believe it myself. From the time I first saw it for sale to the time I bought it was 1 day! As soon as I saw it I knew I was buying it!

Now here's a test for you guys. I didn't notice it until last night myself, but there is a small paint repair that has been done incorrectly. Can you find it?

Old 07-25-2012, 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by Plasnart
Hey 74 demon, here she is!

Attachment 19897
Very nice but them Im biased. So give us the run down, how and where you got it from? what needs doing to it and what you plan to do? and where abouts in oz ru?

Old 07-25-2012, 08:14 PM

G'day volvi, I'm in Geelong. This bike popped up in a local paper last week and as soon as i saw it i pounced. Bike is stock and plan to keep it that way apart from a touring screen from eagle screens in Perth. Will probably order that today. Havent seen one of these colour schemes getting around for a few years now. Last time I saw one it was parked on a footpath i think in Melbourne but not 100% sure. I do remember just standing there admiring it for a while tho. Maybe it was yours!

Old 07-28-2012, 08:46 PM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Now here's a test for you guys. I didn't notice it until last night myself, but there is a small paint repair that has been done incorrectly. Can you find it?
Welcome!

Will you replace the RHS inner fairing cover?

Just let us know if ever you need any help... also link below my signature might help...

Old 07-28-2012, 09:01 PM

G'day naga, yeah I will do eventually but not a high priority really. At the moment I'm just enjoying becoming aquainted with the bike. Bought it without roadworthy but had that done on Wednesday and it passed with flying colours as I knew it would. Went to vicroads yesterday to transfer ownership but they were closed. Grr I thought they were open Saturday mornings so now will have to do it on Monday.

Anyway mate thanks for the links in your sig. I'll download the manuals soon to help me with future maintenance work. Thanks for dropping in to say hi.

Old 07-29-2012, 04:21 AM

whenever you may be riding into melb with your cbr give us a yell happy to meet up and compare/chat same bikes. have lotsa info where bits and pieces may be got from etc. my phone numbers are on my public profile page. any help you may need re your bike just ask.

Old 07-29-2012, 04:38 AM

Nice bike, welcome to the forum. You should be able to get any answers and help you might need right here, very knowledgeable and helpful members here.

Old 07-29-2012, 06:44 AM

Thanks squid head. Seems like a great bunch of people on here.

And yeah volvi, it would be good to meet up some time. I'll put your number in my phone.

Old 07-29-2012, 06:52 AM
Super Moderator
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Welcome to the forum, always good to have another Aussie aboard!

We will definitely have to have a run to Victoria now we have so many guys down there! Nice bike by the way - I think I watched it on Ebay?

Cheers, SB

Old 07-29-2012, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator
Received 497 Likes on 449 Posts

Hey welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new acquisition. I'm sure you'll have lots of great miles ahead. Don't want to spoil it for others, so PM sent. I like your user name as well. Clearly you've really enjoyed yourself on that Transalp Plasnart.

Quick Reply: Got my hurricane!