New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Friction control help

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2021, 07:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Friction control help

Hi people my name is Richard and I've just got a 2006 honda cbr600rr. And I have a little bit of a problem with the friction control. I've been riding motocross on tracks all my life but I have not been on a superbike for 8yr. My last superbike was a 99 r6 and when you hit the friction zone on that the bike would start to roll forward. Without using the throttle. Wich was great for pulling. But my 2006 honda cbr600rr doesn't do this. You have no choice but to give it rpm so I either stall or jump forward. Wich not only makes you look foolish its scary when it jumps.. Is there a way to adjust the clutch or get it replaced wich I really don't want to do as I've just had all the cables and fluids replaced

Any help will be well appreciated

Old 05-26-2021, 08:11 AM
Welcome crew
Received 356 Likes on 332 Posts

Hi Smerkey welcome to the forum,
There should be a 'knurled' adjuster on your clutch lever. You can rotate this in or out and then lock off with the larger ring to give your clutch some free play. This should then give you some friction control (clutch slip in my words) without it being either off or on as you are describing.
If that does not work then you may be looking at the clutch plates.
I do find on my F4i that I do need to give it some revs whilst slipping the clutch slightly to get a proper get away (you should quickly get used to doing this). I will stall it if I do not have and revs on.
Cheers
Al

Old 05-26-2021, 10:08 AM
Default Friction control problem

Thank you for that there is a adjustment on the clutch is this what you mean

Old 05-26-2021, 10:13 AM
Welcome crew

If you are referring to the 'blue' lever, then no, that is to set the hand span so that it fits comfortably to your hands.
If you look at the top of your picture you will see the knurled lock nut, the adjuster is the other side of that. Undo that lock nut and you will be able to wind the adjuster in and out.

Old 05-26-2021, 11:15 AM
Default Reply

Like on a mountain bike.. Clockwise and anticlockwise. Like it tightens up the brakes making them sharp or bouncy... Wich way would you say

Old 05-26-2021, 01:58 PM
Welcome crew

Yes, just like that, it would depend on where it is currently set, start with in the middle of the range and go from there.
This is how mine is set as an example.

Sorry about the quality lol