New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

FNG - Chicago Area

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 09:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FNG Chicago

Conrice, They need all the help/support they can get My wife is a Cubs fan so I have learned to not mention any facts, statistics, or history when speaking on the matter. lol just kidding. They'd be alright if they quit signing those big contracts, Soriano is one of them. It's like these guys are in their mid 30's and you're signing them for 6+ years! That's the reason I wasn't down for resigning Pujols for a 10 year deal. He's prob like 34 or 35 now and in ten he'll be in his mid 40's! I hoped that he got what he was looking for, just as long as we weren't the ones picking up the bill.
BTW I heard they are building a hotel across the street from Wrigley, where the McD's is?
Also, forgot to mention the bike has the fender eliminator kit as well (by prev owner). Really adds to the look of the bike in my opinion.
Might as well done it to the mirrors, as all I can see are my elbows anyways.

Kevin & Streetfighter, I will pm you guys with my cell. As for riding with the younger group, I'll ride with them once and see if they're safe. If they are stunting I'll pass, I'm not a fan of giving the state more money than I have to.
Also Kevin, we go down to Bloomington a couple times a year to go to the Hooters down there. It's pretty much the only one I will go to, one of the best and is def worth the 1.5hr ride. We went to a bike show there last fall and decided decided the bartender Blair alone was worth coming back for, hehe.

Old 01-28-2013, 03:24 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

haha just bustin' your chops buddy. i used to live on the southside of chicago - so i'm all too familiar with being a rivalry fan in the wrong part of town. i was a pretty big fan when i lived there, but now that i live in florida - it's just not the same. i know what you mean though - they do need all the help they can get. as a cubs fan - i'm not holding my breath....

Old 01-29-2013, 12:06 PM

So I'm assuming you have to add people before you can PM someone? I did a search and all I could find was the Official Rules that you can.

Old 01-29-2013, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Conrice
haha just bustin' your chops buddy. i used to live on the southside of chicago - so i'm all too familiar with being a rivalry fan in the wrong part of town. i was a pretty big fan when i lived there, but now that i live in florida - it's just not the same. i know what you mean though - they do need all the help they can get. as a cubs fan - i'm not holding my breath....
It's all good.

Old 01-29-2013, 01:32 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Buck83
So I'm assuming you have to add people before you can PM someone? I did a search and all I could find was the Official Rules that you can.
You don't need to add people to PM, but your account needs to be out of moderation status to send a PM to anyone. Hang in there...

Old 02-11-2013, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by 74demon
You don't need to add people to PM, but your account needs to be out of moderation status to send a PM to anyone. Hang in there...
Thanks. It moved me to Jr Member, PM's sent.

Old 02-11-2013, 11:59 AM
Welcome Crew

Hey late welcome buck. I've got a Honda cruiser myself! VT1100C2, I've ridden it for the past 5 years. Good bike but I was ready for something else. I hope to sell it this March after everyone gets their refunds.

See ya around the forum and maybe the area. I'm in Chicago a lot as I'm so close.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by thedrewski86
Hey late welcome buck. I've got a Honda cruiser myself! VT1100C2, I've ridden it for the past 5 years. Good bike but I was ready for something else. I hope to sell it this March after everyone gets their refunds.

See ya around the forum and maybe the area. I'm in Chicago a lot as I'm so close.
Thanks for the welcomes. Never too late.
My wifes ACE 750 is the most dependable bike I've ever seen. When getting the Sabre I wanted an ACE but couldn't find any in my area at the time. I would keep it if it's paid off. My wife wants me to keep a bigger cruiser for 2 up riding. I'm also keeping it for longer distance rides and MC camping. It's paid off so what the hell. (We also don't have kids so that makes a difference I'm sure)
I personally like the ACE a lot more than all other Shadow models (Sabre, Aero). The ACE is a single pin crank, so it's got a little more rumble and is louder. My Sabre is a dual pin crank and it is like riding a sewing machine. The ACE has a slightly lower seat height. I'd like to look at it before you sell it though.
Anyways, I'm in Naperville so hit me up when it warms up. A few of us are planning to meet up for a ride. Maybe we can run lake Shore Dr/Sherridan up into Wisconsin, it will give me a good excuse to go to Smoque BBQ again at Irving and Palaksi!! Awesome AWESOME food!

Old 02-12-2013, 10:00 AM

Hey welcome, Buck. I'm fairly close to you as well(Geneva). Just picked up my F4i last fall(my antique ZX6 will be called up to trackbike status this season if all goes right), so I dont yet have a whole lot of activity here. When I'm not out west, or in the city I'm in your quite a bit, maybe I'll see you around.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by singram
Hey welcome, Buck. I'm fairly close to you as well(Geneva). Just picked up my F4i last fall(my antique ZX6 will be called up to trackbike status this season if all goes right), so I dont yet have a whole lot of activity here. When I'm not out west, or in the city I'm in your quite a bit, maybe I'll see you around.
Beautiful area. I sent you a PM with my contact if your interested in riding.
Congrats on the F4i purchase!
I think we will be above 45F by the first weekend of March. I'll be out ASAP.

Quick Reply: FNG - Chicago Area