New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

First bike EVER!!! 99 CBR F4 in Charlotte, NC!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008 | 06:50 AM
Default RE: First bike EVER!!! 99 CBR F4 in Charlotte, NC!

That bike looks to be in excellent condition. Minus the few miscellaneous parts that are not on there.

Almost looks like how it used to be around where I live. My friend parked his car, came back and it was left on cinderblocks and his brand new rims and tires were stolen. So much for locking rim nuts!

Old 09-14-2008 | 07:32 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN

NGK plugs are absolutely fine. I run 'em in everything and have never had a problem. Oil type is up to you. Honda oil is what they recommend but I have used Mobil1 15w50 since it came out in all my bikes and love it. Before the synthetics came out I used Valvoline or Castrol with no problems but I changed the oil a lot. The Mobil1 gives me more miles and there is no noticeable difference after a change. With non-synthetic the clutch feel improved with every oil change.

Old 09-14-2008 | 07:18 PM

sweeet, i actually just picked up some Rotella synthetic and about to put it in. Got the new tires on and everything WOW WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! bike feels amazing now!

Also painted the tail black, i'll post a new pic tonight... she lookin GOOOOOD!

-zac

Old 09-15-2008 | 03:12 AM

New pics[8D]

Name:  DSCI0223.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  49.8 KB

Name:  DSCI0224.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  54.9 KB

Old 09-15-2008 | 08:33 AM

Hi all,
I've been riding for 10 years or so, off and on. I'm on my 2nd bike. My first was a 94 cbr900rr and I sold that off a few years ago. In may of 08 i rushed out to the local honda dealer to get one of the last 07 1000RRs they had. I absolutely hate.. loathe even.. the looks of the 08 10RR, so it was imperative I got an 07 before it was too late. I love my bike now and couldn't possibly imagine parting with it or switching to any other make (other than perhaps a ducati 1098, but that will be "in addition" to my 10RR).
I'm hoping to maybe find some other riders from NH who might want organize some rides.

Old 09-15-2008 | 08:45 AM
Banned

Welcome to the site, search for some maintenance threads before you buy too many parts. For example, when it comes to oil, there are about 1000 threads, but make sure you don't get 'energy conserving' or something with moly, that will cause clutch slippage. Look at H.ID.s and frame sliders for your first mods (installation threads are out there too),and get some good comfortable safetygear.

enjoy.

Old 09-15-2008 | 09:17 AM

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

Welcome to the site, search for some maintenance threads before you buy too many parts. For example, when it comes to oil, there are about 1000 threads, but make sure you don't get 'energy conserving' or something with moly, that will cause clutch slippage. Look at H.ID.s and frame sliders for your first mods (installation threads are out there too),and get some good comfortable safetygear.

enjoy.
Someone told me to use Mobil1 15w40, but so far i've stuck with the honda oil. What's the consensus on Mobil1? By "h.i.Ds" you mean headlights? what comes in it stock, regular halogen types?
My only reservation about frame sliders is that they require (from what i've seen) cutting the fairing. I'd really like to not do that if possible.

thanks for the welcome guys!

Old 09-15-2008 | 10:06 AM
Banned

Someone told me to use Mobil1 15w40, but so far i've stuck with the honda oil. What's the consensus on Mobil1? By "h.i.Ds" you mean headlights? what comes in it stock, regular halogen types? My only reservation about frame sliders is that they require (from what i've seen) cutting the fairing. I'd really like to not do that if possible. thanks for the welcome guys!
HIDs-headlights. Not sure of the 99s, but my 06 F4i really benefitted from HID lowbeam.

Sliders are a good idea, thereare a few good installation threads out there, yes, you must cut the fairings. Don't worry about cutting the fairings, from your original post you seem like a maniac (I mean that without malice),chances are you will take a small spill and the sliders will help take the abuse from the fairings and definitely same the frame. Look up a thread called noobie mistakes, you will be amazed at the number of ways your bike will find the pavement. My favorite was one of our members riding over a PVC pipe at low speeds.

As far as oil, search, but try not to post a question. There are tons of threads on the same subjects, you risk some serious flaming with another oil thread, or a chain cleaning thread, or a slip-on thread or a power commander thread, or a sprocket thread, or an undertail thread, or a ...

Old 09-15-2008 | 01:53 PM

What????? that is so random! Did you mean NC???