New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

First Bike

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 08:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Bike

I just recently bought my first bike. It is a 2001 cbr F4i red and black in color. It has 4300 miles on it. I am new to the motorcycle world and wondering what all there is as far as aftermarket upgrades to make the bike look better without costing to much

Old 05-02-2012, 08:52 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Welcome to the forum and riding.
Red and black is a good looking bike....i'm not baised or anything. Lol
As far as cosmetic upgrades go, look through the picture sticky for the f4i to get some ideas of where you want to go with it. Lights, signals, windscreen, and levers are a pretty popular thing to change as well as exhaust mods.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:53 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Only 4300 mi? That's excellent! Very happy for you. Congrats!

In addition to what 74demon recommended, have the suspension set up by a professional for your body type & riding style. You'd be amazed at what a few adjustments can do to make your riding better (& safer). Next, go thru all the maintenance on your bike to make sure everything is up to date. Any issues/parts that need servicing/replacing - do it.

Have you taken the MSF Course? Motorcycle Safety Foundation Many of us here highly recommend it. Check into it.

Most importantly, be safe out there! Always be on the defense but still have fun & enjoy.

Welcome to CBRF! :-)

Old 05-02-2012, 10:32 PM

Welcome to the forum! This is truly one of the best places to learn about not only riding and motorcycles, but about your bike. It's a great community that can help you with just about anything.

Nice buy on the F4i with such low mileage. That color scheme is what I wanted when I was buying my first bike as well. Congratulations!

Ride safe and have fun!

Old 05-02-2012, 10:46 PM

Welcome to the forum, F4i is a great choice in bike.

Aftermarket for the F4i is truly endless. Hit up ebay

Old 05-02-2012, 11:29 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Welcome to CBRF....congrats on your new bike! I've always said this to all members.....not just the bike have to look good. Rider have to look good too...With protective gears. Many may focus all on bike but not on own body. Stay safe out there.

Old 05-03-2012, 12:58 AM
Party Animal, ROTM June 2014

Originally Posted by gotcbr
Only 4300 mi? That's excellent! Very happy for you. Congrats!

In addition to what 74demon recommended, have the suspension set up by a professional for your body type & riding style. You'd be amazed at what a few adjustments can do to make your riding better (& safer). Next, go thru all the maintenance on your bike to make sure everything is up to date. Any issues/parts that need servicing/replacing - do it.

Have you taken the MSF Course? Motorcycle Safety Foundation Many of us here highly recommend it. Check into it.

Most importantly, be safe out there! Always be on the defense but still have fun & enjoy.

Welcome to CBRF! :-)
Man you ALWAYS beat me to it!

A MSF course is a great way to start out. I thought I was a good rider until I wanted to be an MSF instructor. I learned that I had a lot of learning to do!

Welcome to the forum!

Old 05-03-2012, 08:30 AM

WELCOME!

Enjoy the forum!