New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

First Bike

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 01:17 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^ Yeppers, stretcherman knows the deal...

On the jacket thing, I just got a perforated leather one to replace my Cordura Textile and all I can say is WOW!!
It was close to 80F this weekend and when I'm moving it's actually cooler than my cordura (with vents open). It honestly feels like the air is blowing right on you everywhere. I never had one and didn't know what to expect. I'm in love.
Even at stoplights it isn't as hot.
Only drawback is that it's obviously not rainproof. BUT, if you make a habit of carrying waterproof stuff rolled up in a backpack, bags, underseat... you should be good. That's what I plan on doing.

Old 04-06-2010, 12:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ya I have been helped out a lot already. This forum and everybody on it are great! I'm planning on going to the local bike shop today and checking out the gear after I get my license. I was riding down my street today just to get used to the bike and that baby has some power, (especially with the power commander on it). I don't plan on going down anytime soon haha but just incase it happens I will be prepared with the right gear on.

Old 04-06-2010, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by Da Rhino
Man I didn't know the gear was so much. If you wreck are your jacket and pants pretty much trashed? Or are they durable enough to withstand some road rash?
I slid up the road at 60 mph in full textiles, Slid across gravel and then hit the curb trying to swearv a car that pulled out on me and the textiles were pretty much fine apart from a hole about the size of a bottle top in the top left shoulder and the knee protector dented.

I got my gear at a mass bike show in london were and the big retailers come to sell the gear they need to get rid of for the new years stuff so they sell it at nock down prices.

Prices are rough as im from england so used a currencey converter.
Frank Thomas Jacket: Should have been $242.35 got it for $121.17
Frank Thomas Trousers: Should have been $181.83 got it for $121.17
Alpine Star Boots: Should have been $242.47 got it for $181.85
Shark Helmet and tinted Vissor: Should have been $303.08 got it for $90.96 ... reason i got that so cheap was because it was like a XL i think and there was only like 2 of us at the whole show hew it would fit lol
RST Gloves: Should have been $121.26 got it for $90.96

Gear cost me about $1000 and i saved about $490 of what it should have been deff try and see if you got big retail shows like that around you before you go buying.

Old 04-06-2010, 10:55 PM

Just got my license earlier today, wow that was fun riding! I rode for around 2 hours. I picked up a AFX helmet four $70 bucks and a pair of gloves. Nothing special but it will get the job done until I actually get some more money.