New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

F2 new here

Old 08-02-2012, 04:36 PM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F2 new here

So.. I have registered a while ago, but now i realised it would be nice to write something stupid

Well.. i have bought my F2 like maybe 8 yrs ago in quite a good shape for let me say 2500k (I'm from middle europe so the course is changing a lot). Since than i made few mods like stage 1 jet kit, k+n air filter, complete Remus exhaust system and.. stuff Mainly it was meant for a quick road ride usage, but i had an accidet after some time. I went off quite good, with semi-broken backbone, which was healing for couple of weeks, but nothing "THAT MUCH" seriuos. After than i realized a track would be more safe spot to ride (my wife to be was really glad to hear i'm going to ride again.. but you know.. can't resist the call). So nearly 2 years of practice ended up with a first an so far last amateur cup. It was a wet race. So i was superhappy that i'm able to erase the age of my bike compared to the others and compensate it with courage :-D. I enjoyed the whole wet day really a lot.. it was endless fun, but during the race i crashed taking over some R1 guy... Since than few months has passed, i got married, atended to a college (never too old?) and after exam season i'm now putting the bike back together.. Needed to replace whole frame, do new fairings (i have bought some not-so-badly-damaged) and stuff... now i'm finishing my work.. I must say that i had every screw in my hands over 10 times (except the bowels of the motor) so closing to the finish is really rewarding...
I'm from the Czech Republic (guess noone knows where the heck is it?) in the very middle of an europe. 30 yrs old by now. Biker by the hearth..
Posting a few pics how the time passed..

i live in a flat with 2 rooms and kitchen, in the second floor with no lift!

after first resious crash (the backbone one) on my first walk....

the bike have seen better days, huh?

some track

more track

ordinary prepairing for a track day (dont have a cart)

still not boring?

really?

last overtakin

ended like this

the damage

changing frame

synching carbs (attempting to, to be honest)
maybe i'll upload some picts with finished fairings in some time... but this shoud be enough for a start, huh? :-D

Old 08-02-2012, 04:48 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to CBRF! Nice intro.

We def appreciate the pics. However, can I get you to down-size your large pics a bit? ;-) Thx.

Good to have you w/ us. Settle in & enjoy the forum. :-)

Old 08-02-2012, 05:51 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Welcome back....

How did you get it home from track day after you crashed? That picture with it all loaded up is great!

That carb sync set up is different. How does it work?

Old 08-03-2012, 08:37 AM
Registered Users

allright, i will get those pict smaller when i'll have a chance
Well... one of the organizers took me to my city as he lived nearby and other guy took my bike to his garage untill i picked it up again... the journey of me dressed up in a suit in the underground was... experiencing :-D
To the sync "tool" - there is one "closed "circuit that connects all the bottles together + one hose from each bottle to each carb.. as the vacuum is sucked from particular bottle, other bottles are compensating it through the "closed circle" and pushing the water, so if all the levels are steady (not necessarily the same, but not moving), i', certain that all the pressures are the same... simple.
I will post more detailed pict of that tool...

Old 08-03-2012, 08:52 AM
Registered Users

well one of the organizers took me to my city as he lived quite nearby and another one took my bike to his garage until i picked it up. (many thanks for them) Still my jurney by the underground dressed up in a suit covered with mud was... experiencing :-D
i will post detailed pict of the sync tool.. Basicaly it works like this: There is one "closed circuit" connecting all the bottles together and one hose from each bottle to particular carb. As the vacuum is sucked from the bottle, other bottles are compensating this unbalanced bottle by pushing some water throug the closed circuit.

And btw - how can one edit his post?

Old 08-03-2012, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by SmokinCBRF2
...And btw - how can one edit his post?
The edit button is at the bottom right of your post. :-)

Old 08-03-2012, 12:19 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Clever homemade tool! Pretty slick...

Old 08-06-2012, 03:49 AM
Registered Users

Originally Posted by gotcbr
The edit button is at the bottom right of your post. :-)
used to be... i didn't realize the edge of my post is "hidden" more to the right as my pict is too large. But now maybe i missed the time for editing my post? No sign of edit button there...
Well if admin can replace it - i will provide him with a new links...

Old 08-06-2012, 11:58 AM

No worries... As a new member, certain features are not yet avail to you. See this...https://cbrforum.com/forum/forum-hel...%2A%2A-133320/

Once your membership is fully active, you'll have the ability. Hang in there & keep posting responsibly & you'll be a full member soon. :-)

Old 08-06-2012, 02:56 PM
Registered Users

well i have registered quite a while ago. But if a full membership is counted by a number of posts....
Shame... im registered on several forums and none is more user unfriendly.. still i shall get used to it.. anyway - it's the biggest CBR forum i've ever seen.
Ability to edit posts should be somehow default as i have written something similiar twice just because it awaits for admin to be approved and it is not displayed instantely... Or missprints could be better eliminated... or those picts resized... do you guys have some censorship here?
No offense... i still consider this forum awesome and mostly helping a lot

Search this Thread