New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

CBR Guy from Saskatchewan

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 04:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CBR Guy from Saskatchewan

Hey Guys! I've recently purchased a 1989 CBR 600 for a winter project. I'm looking forward to restoring it back to original state.

I am really enjoying the advice that you folks are providing to all users of this forum.

My first question is related to permissions here - i've found a number of posts that have URL's to pictures in their post and I can't see them. An example is this:

https://cbrforum.com/forum/attachmen...t-100_0476-jpg

I get this error:

Petterman, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Can somebody let me know what else I need to setup to see this?

Thanks!

Old 09-26-2011, 06:38 PM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Only confirmed members have access to certain site content -- as a new registree, you are in a temporary "moderated" status until you make a couple approved posts (of which this is a good start!)

Old 09-26-2011, 07:07 PM
Smile

Hey thanks regener8ed - I appreciate the information...

I've been riding for many years and sold my bike about 15 years ago. I've been riding Motocross with my son (10 years) and riding moto fired up my desire to ride street again.

When I came across the 89 CBR 600, I couldn't resist. It's mechanically sound (sat for 5 years in a garage), but the fairings are unusable and needs a few parts. I'm pretty sure the front tire is still the original 89 tire.

I'm working on the carbs now and will be getting them sync'ed this week. I also will be replacing the fairings with a set from Airtech HONDA CBR 600 F1 1987-90, CBR600, fairings, bodywork, fairing, upper, lower, mid, seat side, race, street, fender, tail, undertail, tank

I would love to hear from anybody who has experience with these so I don't have to re-invent the wheel.

I will post pics soon.

Old 09-26-2011, 11:15 PM

Welcome Petterman..
post up pics when you can and good to hear your gonna bring one back to her original beauty.

Old 09-27-2011, 11:24 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome aboard Petterman!

Sounds like your '89 is a good little project & worthy of getting back on the road asap. Hope your maintenance & fairing upgrade on it goes well.

Riding w/ your son is truly a great thing. He may not realize it now but he will in later life. Kudos!

Good to have you w/ us.