New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Bought first bike tonight

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 10:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought first bike tonight

First off i dont have any pics yet. Was too damn stoked to get it and forgot the camera. But anyway i am new to riding and i know a 600 isnt a good starter bike but i couldnt pass it up for $1,000. Its a 94 CBR600 F2 i bought it from a friend of mine the only thing wrong with it is that the front plastic is cracked, so i need that a headlight and the brace for the headlight. So if anyone could point me in a direction other then ebay to find them i would much appreciate it.

Also i was thinking about maybe getting a different years front end any suggestions?

Thanks
Tantric

Old 03-08-2007, 10:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Bought first bike tonight

Rather than spending money on suspension (unless it's a safety issue) you might want to invest in gear and the MSF course.

Welcome to the site!

Old 03-08-2007, 10:57 PM

Practice first before you buy new parts. You don't want to lay it down with all that money invested. When you feel comfortable use the sponsors on this site. They have the best stuff.

Old 03-09-2007, 12:59 AM

Hello & Welcome!!

Old 03-10-2007, 06:01 AM

I knew i was forgetting to mention something. I am buying a jacket and a helmet from the same guy on thursday of next week i wont have the bike home till probably around then because the blizzard we got still has ice on the road, but also the suspension is fine all i need is some new plastics. I know i wanted to say something else but the alcohol is preventing me. Dont worry i had my girlfriend drive me who doesnt drink. A couple of friends in the ground prevents me from doing that may they rest in piece.

till i am sober tomorrow,
Tantric

Old 03-10-2007, 06:17 AM

invest in some frame sliders too if you haven't already.

edit: oh yeah, don't worry too much about the plastics unless they become some kind of a safety issue.

Old 03-10-2007, 09:50 AM

ORIGINAL: Tantric
First off i dont have any pics yet.
Sounds like you've been lurking and no what we ask for!

[sm=welcomesign.gif]

Some sound advice up above. Get the bike, ride her for a while like she is and get used to her. You'll be major pissed if you get her all sharp looking and then you drop her. Not trying to jinx ya or anything -- everybody drops it sooner or later. Even if it's just in your garage [sm=smiley7.gif]
or the parking lot [sm=smiley7.gif] (I speak from experience )

Old 03-10-2007, 03:20 PM

You caught me lol yeah i been lurking for a bit and i will just ride it for a while like it is get used to her then spend the money on fixing it up. Yes it has frame sliders. and the only reason i can see the plastics being a safety issue is that the headlight doesnt show through all that well lol its got a droupy (spell check isle 5!) eye. I am going to go try and get pics on something other then my phone today. so whatch for another update.

Later
Hung Over Tantric

Old 03-10-2007, 06:42 PM
Old 03-10-2007, 07:09 PM
Banned
Default RE: The Pics you been wondering about

Some sound advice up above. Get the bike, ride her for a while like she is and get used to her. You'll be major pissed if you get her all sharp looking and then you drop her. Not trying to jinx ya or anything -- everybody drops it sooner or later. Even if it's just in your garage [sm=smiley7.gif]
or the parking lot [sm=smiley7.gif] (I speak from experience
Congrats on the bike.

You do have some fixin to do before it is road ready, but don't put too much $$$ into until you clear a few thousand miles on the road. You are bound to do a few noob mistakes like forgetting the kickstand or a low speed gravel crash. It happens to almost everyone. There is a thread on this forum about 'noob mistakes' and it may be helpful for you.

Be safe and enjoy.

Quick Reply: Bought first bike tonight