New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Another new guy from WI

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 07:46 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, beautiful bike and a sweet deal. It looks new!
Welcome to the CBRF, Nate. I agree that taking a rider safety course is a great idea. Any bike related training is an good idea, whether new to the scene or a veteran. Like Kuro said, it will help you form good habits. I know riders who have been on bikes for years who have worse form than newer guys who know what they're doing and what they need to work on.
Enjoy the forum and ride safe!

Old 03-26-2010, 07:53 PM
Nex
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
The book is one thing. But actually sitting on the bike waiting at the red light and feeling the bike... almost pacing back and forth like a lion waiting to pounce... It's a whole different world and a fair bit intimidating. The MSF courses help with that and starts you out right, minimizing the bad habits you'll form
Very Well put! Agree 100% with this, as I went through exactly that same thing. I took the MSF and will recommend it to any/everyone, worth more than you know. I spent days in a parking lot on my F4i before I felt even close to comfortable taking it out into traffic. Like So many have said before, respect her in the beginning, and you should be fine - Beautiful bike BTW Great find.

Old 03-26-2010, 09:41 PM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nex
Very Well put! Agree 100% with this, as I went through exactly that same thing. I took the MSF and will recommend it to any/everyone, worth more than you know. I spent days in a parking lot on my F4i before I felt even close to comfortable taking it out into traffic. Like So many have said before, respect her in the beginning, and you should be fine - Beautiful bike BTW Great find.
+1

Old 03-26-2010, 11:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the great advice and info you guys means a lot to hear from more experienced riders i'm lookin forward to a fun safe future on it