New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

All aboard the insanity train!

Old 10-18-2007, 10:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All aboard the insanity train!

Well, here it is and time to try out a new obsession, err... hobby. Anyhow, I am new to sportbikes and just picked up a sweet 2002 F4i which I look forward to riding as soon as I can either build up the nerves or grow some *****. While I am new to, well, bikes in general, I am not new to mods so I have already jumped two feet in on the whole customizing plan. I haven't exactly purchased gear yet or insurance for that matter, but that will come before I actually take her out. (Should be any day now)

Anyhow, I am from Texas and look forward to learning a great deal while growing in this shared drive toward insanity.

Old 10-18-2007, 10:04 PM
Default RE: All aboard the insanity train!

Welcome to the boards.

You were right initially..."obsession" is the correct word.

I'm just a bit northwest of DFW, where in Texas are you?

Old 10-18-2007, 10:09 PM

welcome, where in texas are you? there are a few places around here that I got some good deals on gear if you are anywhere near DFW/ N. Texas..

BTW, nice bike.

Old 10-19-2007, 12:02 AM

I'm in San Angelo. A bit south west of the DFW area; although I make it up there every so often. Here we have a family powersports, but that is all. Most of my shopping seems to come from online. As soon as I get these frame sliders installed then I will post up some pics. Might take a week because I need to get some supplies for the fairing cuts. Anyhow, feels good to be here. Looking forward to the many hours of obsessing over these boards and the bike!

Old 10-19-2007, 01:01 AM

Welcome to the new lifestyle. and the brotherhood of bikers.
It is a new life

Old 10-19-2007, 08:56 AM

Welcome to the life! It's one of the best places to be. Glad to hear your dipping your hand into the customization pool... feel free to post up "How-To" stuff with pictures to show what you do/did and how you do/did it! Toss some pics up here of your bike, and if you don't have them yet, I recommend Frame sliders.

Old 10-19-2007, 09:18 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome! Man, this is hard waiting on the gear. I cheated a bit and rode it around in first gear this morning all ready. I feel like a kid at Christmas! I need to hurry and order some gear up so I can start riding this thing.

I am having a hard time determining what to get. I think I should go with yellow as the primary for the jacket and helmet, but would like to get something I can get airbrushed or even airbrush myself for the helmet. This is nearly as hard as finding just the right bike. Anyhow, back to the shopping.

Old 10-19-2007, 09:49 AM

welcome to the wonderful world of sport bikes, be safe and use your head, no squiding, and remember that this is not a fashion show get the gear that fits properly and works, the F4i is a great bike enjoy it.

Old 10-19-2007, 10:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on your buy.

1piece of advice - MSF if you haven't already.

I have a yellow CL-15 SESSION (Iron Ponly $109)that came with my bike - matches it very well, - went with black/yellow full leather jacket (Pakistani $98 generic) (It's cold up here in ND)

It's a great time of the year to be buying!

Old 10-19-2007, 10:37 AM

Not yet. The course is set up to take place Dec 1 and 2, but I am signed up for it. That is a long time to wait with a new toy sitting in the shop.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: All aboard the insanity train!