anyone else own this bike

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 06:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hi there,

Decided to see what happened over a bit longer period,glad to say no adverse effects and no power commander needed.Fuel economy was where is was before .she still over fuels when started and choke comes on,never once bike has been started.when i say over fuels im not talking massive amounts,just running a bit rich which will not harm the bike.had her serviced and all good, the shield would fit for sure but i was thinking of going down the lines of a belly pan.however seeing them in person and fitted on a bike i think they look out of place.look good from the side but when looking down the side of the bike i was not happy,not sure what i will do now,may get a friend to make me two
individual shields out of plate and spray them up.

would i do the same mod again ? yes the Decats are the best thing you can do for the bike sound wise,as i said before the cat kills way too much.With hindsight i would'nt of paid for Decats i would of got a mate to cut the cat box off and add a link pipe for a few ££££,but if your not in that position its still a worthy purchase

Old 03-31-2017, 07:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cheers for the reply. That's good to hear about the bike. Yeah I know what you mean, there's barely any difference with the stock can and the Akrapovic can with a cat on it.

I too looked at the belly pan. I don't like how they look like that are bolted on, rather than designed for the bike. But I guess that's how they were made as an after market part.

Yeah I think the shield plate would be a good idea. I don't like how it leaves a big gap underneath where the cat once was. Let me know if you go down this route, would be good to see the result. I'd definitely put the exhaust shield back on with the Black Widow pipes. I wanted to fit the Arrow pipes, but they are a different shape and run under the bike in a different place, compared to the Black Widow (judging by pictures I've seen online). I just need to pull my finger out and get some ordered.

Did you have any issues with the quality of the Black Widow pipes? I've seen a few people complaining about them, saying they are cheap and not very well made?

Old 03-31-2017, 02:57 PM

Did you have any issues with the quality of the Black Widow pipes? I've seen a few people complaining about them, saying they are cheap and not very well made?

absolutely none,delivered on time in full,all welds good,bends were good with no deformation of tube,fitted like a glove,got £50 for old down pipes and cat via fleebay.

Old 03-31-2017, 03:23 PM

Thats ok then. Maybe others just had bad versions or old designs that they've improved. Do you have any videos of the bike with the black widows on? Be nice to hear the sound.

Old 04-09-2017, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by CBR_600f
Thats ok then. Maybe others just had bad versions or old designs that they've improved. Do you have any videos of the bike with the black widows on? Be nice to hear the sound.

sorry away till tuesday,will post something up then

Old 04-10-2017, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by wessa
sorry away till tuesday,will post something up then
No problem, looking forward to it.

Old 04-10-2017, 04:44 AM

Does anyone have any tips on how to remove sticker residue on paintwork. I removed the H.I.S.S sticker as it was already hanging off from the tank, and it's left a really stubborn sticker residue underneath. I've tried using DW40 and it won't budge at all. Any ideas? Don't wanna be scratching away at the paintwork underneath.

Old 05-29-2018, 07:51 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello Chaps,

I'm also another proud owner of CBR600F 2011 model.

Looking forward to learning from the community and hopefully offer something back.

I've joined today and I've already read most all the posts in this sections - seem like a great forum/community.

Old 05-30-2018, 12:56 PM

Welcome. Still enjoying mine.
Mike

Old 05-31-2018, 03:02 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mbooth1
Welcome. Still enjoying mine.
Mike
Excellent - cheers Mike

Quick Reply: anyone else own this bike