Mid West IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI

Ohio riders Check-in

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 10:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ohio riders Check-in

i am planning on going sat. afternoon. check the dealers near where you live most have discount tickets. think it is like 2 or 3 bucks? i think a few people from c-bus re going from the core boards. i am going to meet the northern core folks for a bit at the show then we are going out to eat. the c-bbus people have kinda died off on that board this year. we were gonna rename it n.o.r.e. (northern ohio riding enthusiest) but since the c-bus peeps started it all we let it stay. the canton akron cleveland area riders meet up the most on that site. we meet in bolivar south of canton. there are some people there every weekend it is nice during the spring till late fall. we have about 6-10 riders we ride with all the time. i make it out about twice a month. good riders, some ex racers. all great people to ride with. hope to meet ya at the show and look foward to spring to ride again.

Old 01-02-2008, 09:17 AM

ORIGINAL: Silver Wing 06

i am planning on going sat. afternoon. check the dealers near where you live most have discount tickets. think it is like 2 or 3 bucks? i think a few people from c-bus re going from the core boards. i am going to meet the northern core folks for a bit at the show then we are going out to eat. the c-bbus people have kinda died off on that board this year. we were gonna rename it n.o.r.e. (northern ohio riding enthusiest) but since the c-bus peeps started it all we let it stay. the canton akron cleveland area riders meet up the most on that site. we meet in bolivar south of canton. there are some people there every weekend it is nice during the spring till late fall. we have about 6-10 riders we ride with all the time. i make it out about twice a month. good riders, some ex racers. all great people to ride with. hope to meet ya at the show and look foward to spring to ride again.
I'll see what I can do about making it to the show.

I really want to ride with others riders this year and branch out some. It's always me and my buddy with his 636 and it's fun, but I would like to meet and ride with more people. What is the web address for C.O.R.E. ?

Old 01-02-2008, 10:37 AM

http://www.coreriders.com/

Old 01-03-2008, 08:11 AM

hey im always up for meeting responsible riders(meaning they wear gear and ride within thre limits) we have a pretty good mix of riders in our northern group. some people are real fast, ex road racers. others have only been riding a few seasons and are still learning. and most are in the middle somewhere. as long as you wear your gear and ride within your limits, its all good no matter how fast or slow you are. there is always someone faster out there.

Old 01-03-2008, 09:20 AM

I always ride with a jacket, helmet, gloves and jeans. I don't ride like a squid so no worries there. I like to have fun and go fast, but I don't like to wreck so I watch whatI do LOL! I'm not real fast in the twistys, but I was getting more comfortable with them before winter.

Also thanks for the wed address-i'll check it out.

Old 01-03-2008, 10:03 PM

Spend most of my time in Cincy since I go to school here, but am from Akron and spenda few days a month usually back home.

Old 01-09-2008, 10:19 AM

Well I joined C.O.R.E yesterday and so far so good. I can't wait till spring time for some nice long rides.

Old 01-09-2008, 02:41 PM

Glad I looked at this post because I didn't realize that the cycle show was at the end of this month. I only live a few minutes away, so I need to make sure I get there. At least at the show you can sit on the bike without someone bugging the hell out of you. Plus at the dealer, you can almost never just hop on a bike because they have them lined up so close together.

Old 01-09-2008, 09:45 PM

yeah saw you and cbrrider joined. they are a good group of riders. and dont worry with you livin up north you will get some nice long rides in with them. most i have done on a c.o.r.e ride was on my triple, think we did just under 600 miles in a sunday. we hit both sides of I-77 and went into W.V. down 250 to rt 7 and looped back into woodsfeild then rode home up 26 to 800 to 212 and back home again. long day for sure but we hit almost all the great roads i know of in one day. i will be at the show on sat from open till about 2pm. i have some stuff to do from 3-6pm then i am gonna try to hook up with paulywalnuts, marshmallow and the other core riders that are going to fat fish after the show. they are meeting around 5:30 i should be downtown around 6:30ish? figure i will miss dinner but be able to have a few drinks and bench race a bit about how slow pauls duc is!

Old 01-21-2008, 01:09 PM

I'm from the Akron area also. I think we're going to try to go to the IX show this weekend.

Quick Reply: Ohio riders Check-in