Ladies Lounge Off Topic Section for female CBR enthusiasts to discuss non-CBR related topics.

Kevlar Pants

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 12:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kevlar Pants

HORNEES- I'm sure any woman who has owned/worn a pair of Hornee jeans (kevlar lined mind you) has also had the word 'butt crack' out there too. Are there any kevlar lined pants out there that don't go up to your waist but cover your *** crack when you'rebent over your tanktoo? Yes I've tried Draggins- bit too high. And I know what the safety slaves have to say.
Hmmm and with Hornees- they were lined with yellow kevlar which has now kind of frayed in the seat- nothing to do with curry!

Old 10-23-2008, 01:08 PM
Default RE: Kevlar Pants

Haha, yeah and there's nothing worse than a butt crack sunburn! [sm=insomnia.gif]
Sorry, I dont have any suggestions for you.I haven't found any good fit / cute riding pants for women. I think my next pair I will just try some made for men.

Old 10-24-2008, 07:04 AM
Default RE: Kevlar Pants

scorpion has some fairly stylist leather pants.....low but not to low. I wear long tank tops and tuck them in. altho not kevlar

Old 04-28-2009, 10:35 PM
Default cute kevlar jeans!

I just found these the other day:http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1...ED004-BAW-10_G
I was looking for a cute pair of kevlar jeans myself because it gets so freaking hot in the summer. I normally wear full gear, armored pants and everything, but these look much cooler and still protective. Like you say, every other pair is high rise. These are more my style, and maybe yours too. If/when I go try these on, I'll let you know how they fit.

Old 05-21-2009, 11:34 AM
Default red route

I just had my local Cycle Gear order a pair of the Red Route kevlar jeans for me.
Supposedly they'll zip into a jacket. I hope they're compatible with Joe Rocket.
As soon as they come in, I'll go to try them on and post the results.

Old 05-31-2009, 08:27 PM
Default :(

I went to try on those Red Route jeans today, and they didn't fit. They'd ordered the wrong size for some reason (but they're cool there, so I forgive them). Even if they were the right size though, they'd be just another pair of ugly-a$$ high-rise jeans. Yuck! Man, we women have NO luck finding cute but safe jeans. Guys get everything!! Grrr. I guess I'll just suffer through the summer with my hot but safe armored over pants. They looked totally different in the online picture though, so that was a little misleading.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:36 AM
Ladies Lounge Moderator

The high-rise stuff has got to go >< Seriously.

Old 06-11-2009, 07:12 PM

Have you tried any of the mesh armored pants? I live in Central Florida and I ride in these things about 9/10 months of the year. They zip to a mesh jacket and have armor in the knees and padding in the hips. At least they breathe and you can unzip the legs when you get to your destination for air flow. Or wear shorts under them and take them off when you get there.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:01 PM
Default yep

Yeah, I do actually. I have the Joe Rocket Cleo 2.0 matching jacket & pants. They're just like you describe. I decided that I have better overall protection with those than a pair of kevlar jeans, so I'm just altering what I wear underneath. Turns out my base-layer ski clothes do the trick for keeping cool. I wear a dry-fit t-shirt and a pair of really thin, soft dry-fit long johns. These work better than shorts for me because they let the armored pants move freely since they don't stick to my sweaty legs. So far this is the most comfortable and safe combination of gear I've found. Also, riding during the evenings along the beach is a little more bearable, and enjoyable.

Old 06-12-2009, 04:15 PM

I also have the Joe Rocket Cleo jacket and pants. If it is chilly, I layer "under armor" style pants and shirt underneath. Most of the time, I simply put on the pants, shirt and jacket and ride. I bought a pair of the kevlar jeans for teaching MSF classes, since I need to practice what I preach, I mean teach...LOL

Quick Reply: Kevlar Pants