CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Ladies Lounge (https://cbrforum.com/forum/ladies-lounge-46/)
-   -   Winter withdrawals (https://cbrforum.com/forum/ladies-lounge-46/winter-withdrawals-55586/)

Acara1796 12-09-2007 10:04 PM

Winter withdrawals

Well, Snow flew for the first time a couple weeks ago and we have been experiencing freezing rain every other day. So, it has been close to three weeks now since I have rode.

But all is not that bad. My Xmas gift was delivered last week.

[IMG]local://upfiles/20597/6033E8DABB3C4E15B03715791E1A738B.jpg[/IMG]

ajhundley3 12-11-2007 05:52 PM

RE: Winter withdrawals

Nice present!!! I know how you feel. I live in Ohio and the weather sucks!!!!!!!!

txf4igirl 12-14-2007 07:10 AM

it's finally getting a little cold here - but we haven't even had a decent freeze yet. Sometimes I really do love Texas :-)

Acara1796 12-14-2007 05:57 PM

Between the Sleet/freezing rain now cold with snow on the way it is looking like winter has set in for sure. The MC lift will hopefully help the need. Though the garage is cold but with heaters I can take the bite off.

I have often thought of moving to milder climate all year round but I really do like the change of seasons. Of course this opinion could change after I get older.:)

pitsvtec 12-18-2007 09:24 PM

Sweet!!!

CBR1000rider 12-28-2007 09:35 AM

Sorry for posting in the Ladies Lounge, but I just had to say...I have P.M.S. Yes ladies, men can have it too!!!! Parked Motorcycle Syndrome. Happy Holidays from CBR1000rider in Columbus, OH. Go Buckeyes!!!!

Acara1796 12-28-2007 10:34 AM

ORIGINAL: CBR1000rider

Sorry for posting in the Ladies Lounge, but I just had to say...I have P.M.S. Yes ladies, men can have it too!!!! Parked Motorcycle Syndrome. Happy Holidays from CBR1000rider in Columbus, OH. Go Buckeyes!!!!
[sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Happy and safe Holidays!

kittswife 01-15-2008 07:23 AM

I feel bad for you guys, but quite lucky myself. We have not had a bit of snow or freezing rain or anything yet this year. In Fact, last week I was out on my bike 3 days in a row...60 degree weather...in my summer jacket with just the liner! It was AMAZING...Sorry to rub it in. :)
My husband and I ride all year round no matter what the temp...as long as the roads are clear! Hope you guys get some decent days to take'em out!
Happy New year!

jfunkRR 02-07-2008 04:53 PM

I am a new rider..well...new full-time rider...I used to screw around on my boys extra bikes (street and dirt) when I was younger...and now I ride as much as I can...anyways...last year was my first "official" season as a rider in CT, and I can honestly say that my first "official" off-season sucks big time...but it did have one good outcome...

Last year I bought and rode a 2001 F4i as a first-bike/learner type deal, took the class (to ease my way thru DMV mostly)...ended up putting more than 5k miles on it from June to October...wrenched on it alot and learned alot with the help of my stunter buddies...
I got so bored that I started looking online at bikes (that's how I found this forum) and found a great deal on a bike just last week...some kid in NYC was moving into Manhattan and had no room for his bike, so it had to go. It was first listed around Thanksgiving for $6g's...to make a long story short...I brought it home last week for $47 and sold my learner for $43, so I got a sweet bike for $400 (I put pics in the gallery if your interested)...with all types of aftermarket upgrades on it...what a sweet deal!! And it was about 55 here last Sunday, so I just had to get it on the road and I spent the better part of the day on it...now I just have to wipe off the salt and sand!

So the moral of the story is, when it's winter, and you can't ride, search your local Craigslist or newspapers and find those deals, cause they are out there...especially up North around the big cities!!

I am counting down the days till Spring!!

Mikes03954RR 02-26-2008 07:31 PM

Ladies sorry to intrude but I just posted in the 954 forum about how sick I am getting of winter. Wisconsin winters suck. Kim, do you and your husband go up to road america for the ama suberbike races? We got a big crew going up again this year if your interested.