CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Ladies Lounge (https://cbrforum.com/forum/ladies-lounge-46/)
-   -   What does everyone have? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/ladies-lounge-46/what-does-everyone-have-74614/)

laxbuellgirl 07-29-2008 06:48 PM

What does everyone have?

I want to know what everyone drives?

What do you have now? What do you wish you had? What have you driven in the past?

I'll start...my list is long...

my father started me out on a honda passport 80... tiny tiny little thing...when I was about 10. I quickly switched over to a kawaski KE100 when I got tall enough, drove that till i was maybe 15, I got a nighthawk...freaking awesome I loved it. I got a shadow after that baby blue I loved it. Traded the shawdow in for a buell blast...it was bright yellow. Then I broke both of my legs in a wreck so I went a few years before I trust all the dumb drivers on the road again.

after giving it up for a couple years, i bought my friends ninja 250 he wrecked for a couple hundred bucks. I turned around and sold it for almost 2000. I used that money to put a down payment on a sporters, quickly found out i hated it.

I got my CBR 600 RR '04 a year ago, and here just a few months ago I got a '08 R1. So I have those two now. I'm thinking about trading the R1 for a cruiser.As much as I love the sport bikes, the back and forth to work thing works out better when I'm relaxed and not stiff as a board by the time I get there.

Juliet 07-30-2008 03:17 AM

RE: What does everyone have?

I started off on a Yamaha FS1E (fizzy) my dad restored with me at 16 ... at 17 I got a 250cc Superdream and also got to ride his lovely old Honda CB400/4 ..I loved that it was so small and neat :-) ... eventually I went to a Kawasaki GPZ500 ..think you guys call them EX500 ..that was good ..nippy and light and very narrow for the traffic .. after that came my F2 followed by my current F3 :-)

Jules

jennafer42 07-30-2008 03:31 PM

I have a quick and shallow history...
I rode a little 250 once. (no idea what it even was... this was just over a year ago)
Then, my older bro let me jump on his 954 Once (probably not the smartest thing I've ever done)
I learned on my friend's GSX-R 600 and just bought an '01 F4I. Got a good deal because it sat in someone's garage for about 1 1/2 years before he decided to sell it (he only put 50 miles on it in that time!)
Now, it's torn apart in the garage waiting for parts so that it can be fully loved! :D (And so that I can actually get GOOD at riding) :D

Juliet 07-30-2008 05:32 PM

A few years ago a friend gave me a ride of his CBR900 Fireblade ... Oh .. My ... God!! ..lol

Jules

BlondeBlue86 07-30-2008 10:09 PM

I learned to ride on my husbands 954rr. (Prob. not the best idea but it was fun.) ;)
Than I started riding my brothers shadow. ( got bored very quickly)
Went to motorcycle class and rode a little bitty motorcycle not sure what it was but I was the only one who could ride it.
All the guys were to big. LOL
Than this year I bought a 08 cbr 600rr. :D I love it!!! I don't think I will ever sell it.
I know I don't have much for a list but I just started this about 3 years ago. :)

Juliet 07-31-2008 02:56 AM

ORIGINAL: BlondeBlue86

Than this year I bought a 08 cbr 600rr. :D I love it!!! I don't think I will ever sell it.
I know I don't have much for a list but I just started this about 3 years ago. :)
When I bought my F3 I was the same ... ten years on I still love it and will never sell it ... I want to save for an RR but the F3 stays ..its too much a part of me now ... you have a lifetime to build a list and Im pretty sure I would be happy with an RR for lifetime anyway :-)

Jules

wannaride 07-31-2008 05:48 PM

I started out on a 93 yamaha seca 600. Grew tired of that after about 2 months. Found a mint 01 929 and pretty much learned to ride and lean on that ..didnt really have anyone to tell me this was not a recommended bike for a newb. Then about 2 months ago I got an 01 F4i. I love this thing, its feels so light and easy to get around corners. I plan on keeping this one for a while.

pitsvtec 08-03-2008 08:19 PM

Started on a Ninja 250 then moved up to a F4i.

Mimz 08-25-2008 12:20 PM

Hi

I started out on a CBR125 R 1 year ago but on no less than a week ago i got my first big bike being a CBR 600f 1994 which i think is an F2 model.
Its great fun and its only done 32000 miles! I cant wait to get out on it some more but it hasnt been the weather this week.
Im looking at doing some mods to the bike in terms of apperence so if anyone knows any good companys or mods they have done please get in touch i would love to see what changes you have done

Mim

van1essa 09-09-2008 09:41 AM

I used to ride on the back of my husbands Katana . Now I ride my Honda CBr 600 F4 polished.I will upload pix as soon as I figure out how to do