CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Ladies Lounge (https://cbrforum.com/forum/ladies-lounge-46/)
-   -   Went out yesterday... (https://cbrforum.com/forum/ladies-lounge-46/went-out-yesterday-10117/)

pitsvtec 03-06-2006 02:40 PM

Went out yesterday...

It was about 40-50 degrees here in NJ. Not too bad, but not sweet to be riding up the parkway with the bursts of winds we had here. I'm glad to say that my man, after crashing in November and going through 3 surgeries, was able to take his bike out yesterday. He injured his wrist very badly and is still going to therapy to try and regain full movement.

So I put this LED kit on my bike in the beginning of February. I've started my bike at points after that and when I went to start it last week, it was a no go. I had to jump the thing and disconnect the kit. I really hate when you try to make something pretty and it doesn't go the way you planned. It's like painting your nails and then getting a scratch on them..>UGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

But all is well now and I've just got to use a different fuse that only works when the damn bike is on.

The Ant 03-07-2006 03:28 PM

RE: Went out yesterday...

My heated grips drained my battery to zero a couple of times, they're from a Honda ST1100 and supposed to go completely off when the bike's not on, but o'course there's no existing plug in on my CBR, so we wired it direct to the battery and it must do some miniscule drain..... had to jump it, have been riding errands around town lately which keeps it charged, but really need to repace the battery now, and figure out how to be sure it's shut off when the engine's shut off.
-Susan
'04CBR600F4i

pitsvtec 03-07-2006 05:09 PM

Well I might be able to get you a deal...let me know

The Ant 03-07-2006 07:05 PM

Thanks, probably just go down to my local Cycle Gear.
-Susan

pitsvtec 03-10-2006 07:32 PM

ORIGINAL: The Ant

Thanks, probably just go down to my local Cycle Gear.
-Susan

No problem

CBR Chick 03-10-2006 08:54 PM

Sucks that it's still cold , it's about 60 to 80 here. Hope it warms up soon so you ladies can get some seat time in.

pitsvtec 03-17-2006 01:07 PM

ORIGINAL: CBR Chick

Sucks that it's still cold , it's about 60 to 80 here. Hope it warms up soon so you ladies can get some seat time in.
AAhHHHggghhh! I ride when I can, even if it's cold!

ladybug600 03-28-2006 11:19 PM

went out today my boyfriend/fience (sp?) resgistered my bike for me while i was at work as a surprise when i got home. uggg i was going to have to wait to save because Mass state taxes etc suck! but he dropped the 4 g's and i love him for it cuz it was about 49-50 here. damn that bike is fast in the cold! lol. i'm still on could nine and flying high!