Ladies Lounge This section is intended ONLY for use by our female members. Guys are NOT allowed to post in the Ladies Lounge. Only Female members and CBRForum staff are allowed to post in here.

underclothing

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 05:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default underclothing

Hi all! I live in Georgia and the weather here is starting to do that 45 degrees in the morning and 85 in the afternoon. I have all the great warm vs. cool weather outergear, but i am wondering if anyone has suggestions on base clothing ( underwear but not). I am layering but what a pain in the rear. Like to hear from anyone with what they are doing. And/or good tips on underarmour that does great.

Old 10-18-2007, 09:24 PM
Default RE: underclothing

Underarmor, heatgear maybe the way to go.

Not coldgear until the daytime temps don't get above the mid-fifties. Of course, does the daytime temps get that low in Georgia?

Old 10-20-2007, 02:53 PM

I duck hunt all winter long, I just wear the same gear for both riding and duck hunting. You should hit up some of the local hunting shops or feed shops. But most of what you would find there is going to be the same as underarmor type stuff. The only problem I have with my hunting gear, I know it's my own retarded fault...it's all camo. I stay warm but I stay out of sight, the only thing that makes me feel a little better about wearing camo while riding is my bike is bright *** blue, and my helmet is pinker then anything else I've ever seen.

Long story short. It's going to be cold no matter what you do, the more layers you wear the less cold you are going to be. You can do some of those heat pads inside your boots and gloves. It helps so much, and on top of that if I'm driving a longer distance, I put a couple of them in my gator. Keeps my neck a face warm.

Old 10-22-2007, 06:48 PM

i love the idea of the heat pads in the gator. in the boots and gloves is normal, but that is a great idea because that is where i really get cold at.

Old 10-22-2007, 06:51 PM

hey Acara1796
yeah it is definitely getting 50 degrees during daytime. Traffic is miserable here so we do most of our riding in the mornings and before 2:00. yeah traffic is nasty on weekends too in certain areas.

Old 10-22-2007, 07:45 PM

I will actually duck tape then to my neck and shoulders. I know it sounds stupid but I love to ride and I hate the cold, so you do what you have do....most of the ideas I've come up with to stay warm have come from almost 20 years of duck huntin with my grandfather....when your the only girl they really don't want to listen to you bitch about how cold you are.

ORIGINAL: smilinwhileridin

i love the idea of the heat pads in the gator. in the boots and gloves is normal, but that is a great idea because that is where i really get cold at.

Old 10-23-2007, 01:14 PM

hahaha
thanks again for a great idea. i think i will try an ACE bandage. Tape cannot be comfy on the skin.

Old 10-23-2007, 05:26 PM

yea but it's water proof...hahahaha, the things you'll do for the things you love

ORIGINAL: smilinwhileridin

hahaha
thanks again for a great idea. i think i will try an ACE bandage. Tape cannot be comfy on the skin.

Old 10-23-2007, 09:08 PM

smilinwhileridin,

We are still very mild for late October. I have Gerbings electric stuff. Used it this morning going to work. 41 degrees - still no frost yet. Heck it was 80 on Sunday.