CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Ladies Lounge (https://cbrforum.com/forum/ladies-lounge-46/)
-   -   PLEASE FORGIVE ME, but episiotomy ?? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/ladies-lounge-46/please-forgive-me-but-episiotomy-26839/)

FATHEADS1KRR 11-16-2006 08:15 PM

PLEASE FORGIVE ME, but episiotomy ??

I know it's way WAY off topic, but my Jenny is totally freaked out about the possiblity of this happening (she's due soon) and because she asked about it in childbirth class, we have to prepair a report for the rest of the class next tues. I have read most of what i can find online about it, and its almost all negative. Is there anyone who thinks this is a good idea anymore? From what i've read, it seems like a real bad idea unless its to save a baby in serious danger. Sorry again for the intrution, I bow in reverance and await your kind responses . [sm=hail.gif]

PS, i promise to never ever post in here again....... help !

leonend 11-16-2006 09:11 PM

RE: PLEASE FORGIVE ME, but episiotomy ??

hi,
episiotomy is only done in cases where the head of the baby is too big or the if the baby is in an abnormal position during delievery or if the cervix is not completely dialated and effaced. position of the baby can also be manipulated by the physicain without episiotomy....it all depends...there will be marks left after surgery, same goes for all.
This is only a precautionary measure...along with a lot more instructions i'm sure the doc gave you....tried to explan in simple words, i hope this helps a bit..

imaCBRin 11-17-2006 05:58 AM

doesnt sound like anything i would want to go through-

FATHEADS1KRR 11-17-2006 01:31 PM

Both of our concerns tho, is that the rate is MUCH higher for first time mothers, and the use of precautionary and in emergency used together in a lot of what I've read, you know? Seems very subjective and over-used, except in latin america where its still "widely practiced" !!

Fathead isn't a joke either, i gots a big ol' bobble head :)

I did an image search for it and............ you don't even want to know the things i saw. Had a pucker for 3-4 hours.

leonend 11-18-2006 12:04 AM

ORIGINAL: FATHEADS1KRR

Both of our concerns tho, is that the rate is MUCH higher for first time mothers, and the use of precautionary and in emergency used together in a lot of what I've read, you know? Seems very subjective and over-used, except in latin america where its still "widely practiced" !!

Fathead isn't a joke either, i gots a big ol' bobble head :)

I did an image search for it and............ you don't even want to know the things i saw. Had a pucker for 3-4 hours.
yeah i knw wht u mean.... yes risks are all time high for first time mothers....but a MAJORITY have a normal and safe delievery....

saimoo 11-30-2006 05:19 PM

well when my sister had her first baby the baby did a natural episiotomy the baby came so fast that it tear her up any way Doctor had to saw her up it was nasty

Kikepiz 01-25-2007 03:44 PM

Sometimes that is better than having your child pulled with forceps or a suction puller, that could do some minor to big brain dammage, sorry girls... had to put my 2 cents and too say hi too (saimoo) "Sailormoon".

pitsvtec 02-02-2007 09:07 PM

ORIGINAL: Kikepiz

Sometimes that is better than having your child pulled with forceps or a suction puller, that could do some minor to big brain dammage, sorry girls... had to put my 2 cents and too say hi too (saimoo) "Sailormoon".
I used to be a medical malpractice paralegal and I agree with this. Natural birth is normal for women and the occassions you hear about are in the minority. I've had some cases withpretty nasty births, but compared to the volume of work, they are on the fewer side. Hope for the best.