CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Ladies Lounge (https://cbrforum.com/forum/ladies-lounge-46/)
-   -   new to the forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/ladies-lounge-46/new-forum-9745/)

dd74 02-27-2006 04:55 PM

new to the forum

Hello ladies!!

Heard alot about this site, my man is on this site and talks about it frequently.

I am new to riding. Just got my license last August. Bought my first bike in July before i even knew how to ride. I purchased a Nijia EX 500. Great Great first bike. I'm looking foward to a full summer of riding!

I'll post some pics later! :)

CBR Chick 02-27-2006 08:51 PM

RE: new to the forum

[sm=welcomesign.gif] to the site!
Ninja 500, great bike I started on a 98 500. How do you like it, have you had a chance to ride it at all?

dd74 02-28-2006 09:44 AM

Thanks!

I love it as a starter bike, feel very comfortable and confident on it. I was really wanting the comfort and knowing that i could handle the bike. With the Ninja I can stand pretty much flat footed and its not too heavy. Its a 97, a bit older, but like i said a definate great starter bike.

I got my license in the end of August, so i got to ride in Sep and Oct. Not tons of riding,but got some great times in! Was a little nervous at first, but with more time i was loving it! I plan on upgrading next year. Get a full summer out of this one and more experiance behind me.

pitsvtec 02-28-2006 03:00 PM

Hello & Welcome!!:D

I started on a 250, but you know I'm a Honda girl now...LOL...and I'm guessing you too will become one!

CBR Chick 02-28-2006 09:48 PM

Sounds great, take the MSF course if you haven't already. One thing to remember, don't get too confident, that's when something will go wrong. Keep you're wits and stay alert! other then that have fun, and ride safe!

Mini Me 02-28-2006 11:25 PM

Congrats on the purchase, and......WELCOME TO OUR ADDICTION!!!! :D

dd74 03-01-2006 04:25 PM

Thanks ladies, and any advise is VERY much appreciated.

As far as the confident thing..i was more referring to the size of the bike and being able to touch my feet to the ground.

I did take the riders coarse. i went through M.O.S.T., it was great! Learned alot and passed with flying colors, which i guess i impressed myself because i never rode before. Practice practice practice!

pitsvtec 03-02-2006 11:58 AM

I was concerned with touching too. Now it's not so much of an issue. But I still say start small.

ladybug600 03-24-2006 04:20 PM

when i first started riding i had an ex 500 and i went a month kinds shaky until i got my corbin seat! i'm telling you, if there is only one thing you do to your bike the corbin seat for the ex 500 makes the most difference! i suddenely felt like i belonged on that bike and so comfortable that i could keep pace with my boyfriend (who's been riding 10 years) in the corners! i also had the full muzzy exhaust and that thing would even make the harley heads turn and look (much to their own embarassment!). good for you. if you need any advice just ask i know a lot about the bike!

dd74 03-27-2006 11:44 AM

thanks ladybug! if i come across anything i'll definatly ask.

i did only get about a month of riding in last year. Looking forward to taking the bike out and getting some riding behind me. The boyfriend and I are planning lots of riding trips! I'm sure i'll be upgrading next year to a new bike, and yes of coarse a HONDA!! :D