Ladies Lounge This section is intended ONLY for use by our female members. Guys are NOT allowed to post in the Ladies Lounge. Only Female members and CBRForum staff are allowed to post in here.

NEW CBR OWNER!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 10:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: clutch work?

go for an f4i. i'm 5'2" and i can reach

Old 02-24-2008, 03:57 PM

i know guys cant post here but dont mean we dont read ...! just wanted to throw out there that on my 05 no problems pullen off with no throttle but dont be afraid to crank that baby up

Old 04-11-2008, 11:02 PM

I just bought a brand new 08 cbr 600 in the graffiti color scheme last week and I love it! I had my doubts since all of the posts on here say that this isnt a good first bike to have but it couldnt be easier to ride. Its actually not nearly as bad as I thought it would be, its actually quite easy. I did drop her already however; I was making a right turn on red when I realized it was a no turn on red...stopped midway through leaning and it went over...slowly but surely. Only minor scratches on the rightcrank case(???)and bar handle end...and the front brake handle snapped in half, but I have a new one coming. Anyways, its a great bike and to everyone out there (guy or girl) this is a great first bike, even for a girl!

Old 04-12-2008, 02:20 PM
Default RE: NEW CBR OWNER!

Hi,

Just wanted to say congrats on the new bike. I love the graffiti myself. Good choice! I hear all the talk as well about not starting with a 600. I have been riding all my life, and started with an F4i myself, but I say it's up to you and how comfortable you feel. As long as you are riding within your limits and what you feel comfortable with you should be fine. I have always told myself to respect the bike and most likely it will do the same for you. Saying that I am meaning not acting stupid and wearing gear and hopefully you should be fine. Just watch out for the other crazies out there who never watch for motorcyclists.I'm sure you know by now that there are plenty of them out there.

As far as the clutch question sometimes it takes awhile to get used to the clutch on a new bike. My advice would be to take it out and practice somewhere in an abandoned parking lot or something similar until you get used to it. That's what a friend of mine did on her F4 when she first started riding. She also only rode around places that weren't very busy around her neighborhood and such. Sorry to hear you dropped it already, but it can be fixed. Did you get frame sliders installed? If not I would highly recommend them as your first addition to the bike. They are well worth it.

Either way, hope you enjoy your new bike, I am envious!! I have an 04 RR, and love it, but I plan on moving up to a 1k in a year or so. Post some pics sometime if you can........we love pics around here!!

Old 04-12-2008, 03:20 PM

a quick pic...sorry its from my camera phone

Old 04-12-2008, 09:06 PM

Sweeeeetttt bike! I like it! Are you planning on doing any modifications to it? Here's mine:

Old 04-13-2008, 09:34 PM

ohhhh I'm jealous, the graffiti scheme is really cool. Congratulations for sure

Old 04-24-2008, 06:32 PM

Very nice. That black will be hard to keep clean. My ST is black, I speak from experience.

Old 04-25-2008, 09:29 AM

Love the graffiti scheme! I thought about getting it, but had too much of a good deal on the 07 white to pass up, plus that was my favorite.
Are you still having throttle issues? You may want to look into getting a new set of levers. I had a few issues when I got my 07 with the throttle response. I had asv levers on my f4i and loved them so maybe it was just me, but I put the asv levers on the new bike and wow, what a difference. You can adjust them up to an inch and a half, so there's plenty of room to adjust. I kept stalling my bike because I wasn't used to the throttle and there was a weak spot in the clutch, but the new levers took that away. I was almost scared to ride the bike, because if I turned from a stop, I felt like I was going to drop it due to the weak spot. Anyway, I hope that helps if you are still having problems.

Old 04-28-2008, 11:24 AM

Very nice bike, ride safe and have fun!

Quick Reply: NEW CBR OWNER!