Ladies Lounge This section is intended ONLY for use by our female members. Guys are NOT allowed to post in the Ladies Lounge. Only Female members and CBRForum staff are allowed to post in here.

Ladies of CBR Forums Calendar (interested?)

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 08:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ladies of CBR Forums Calendar (interested?)

Hey ladies....

There's been some talk lately of doing some CBR Forum calendars. Let me stress that this is PURELY preliminary talk right now, and we're trying to gauge interest in such a thing (if any). I'm posting this here, as I KNOW if we ask the Gents, they'll express just how 'interested' THEY are, but I'm more interested in learning what you ladies think.

Please give some thought (and give me your feedback) to the following questions:

1.) If we were to do a "Ladies of CBR Forums" calendar, would you like to participate?
2.) If yes, what kind of format would you like to see?
3.) If yes, what month/year would you like (based on a 16 month, running September '07 through December '08)
4.) Do you think we should keep it "clean" and totally family safe, do you think it should be racy, or do you think it should be somewhere in between?
5.) Do you think we should sell it purely for the cost of printing, or do you think we should add on a few dollars to help support the Forum?
6.) What sell price (or range) do you think would be feasible to get for such a calendar?

Here's my ideas and thoughts on the subject:

Knowing what it takes to put such a thing together (soliciting, collecting and selecting pictures, graphics/layout, printing, marketing, etc....), I think we should either shoot for a.) a 16-month calendar, beginning in September 2007, running through 2008, OR b.) a 12-month calendar for 2008.

Depending upon how many ladies express interest in participating, I think (based on a 16 month calendar) each lady could have her "own" month.

Ideally, I'd like to see two pictures from each lady for their month: a "main" picture of them on, or with their bike, in riding gear (not necessarily their helmet, but that would be fine, too) or in race leathers/helmet on the track. Then an inset picture of them in "regular" gear. This picture could be tame, or sexy... that would be left to the individual to determine. Cleavage, tummy and leg would be acceptable (but of course we'd stupiulate no nudity).

All ladies paticipating would be actual RIDERS, not just passengers (or wives/girlfriends of riders). Depending upon the number of submissions we get, we COULD dedicate a month as a collage for non-riding members, as well as girlfriends and wives of male members.

We would set a "cut off date" and post minimum (i.e. Must be a member by XX/XX/06, with XXX minimum posts). This way, the girls participating in the calendar are actual contributing/active members.

This is all I can think of for now, but PLEASE, give me all of your feedback..... any ideas, objections, suggestions you have, we'd love to hear them!!!!!!!!!!!

And don't forget to vote in the poll, too!!!

Old 08-28-2006, 09:23 PM
Default RE: Ladies of CBR Forums Calendar (interested?)

ROSTER:

Again, bearing in mind that this is purely preliminary, we'll keep a roster of those who are interested in participating, and what month they're interested in:

September 07:Pitsvtec
October 07:
November 07:
December 07:
January 08: ValleyCat
February 08:
March 08:
April 08: Jennay
May 08: Neebelung
June 08: CBRChica
July 08:
August 08:
September 08: imaCBRin
October 08:
November 08:
December 08: RedHooter

Old 08-28-2006, 09:53 PM

I think the calendar is an awesome idea and I am definately interested. To answer your questions:

1. Yes
2. Honestly Sex Sells so I think something a little racy but no nudity.
3 January
4 See #2
5 I think that we should charge a little extra to support our forum
6 All depends on the price of production.

I agree with your assessment that it has to be actual riders and contributors of the forum. I do not think that we should allow any non-riding members. Call it pride but we all know what we went through not only to get our M1 lisence but the blood sweat and tears of practicing to make us the awesome riders we are. We have to take some pride in that!

Cat

Old 08-29-2006, 04:27 PM

I'm all for it, I'd like to submit photos of my bike to see about it. The only thing is that I'm also the director for speedfreak (www.speedfreakinc.com) and I was windering if I'd be able to wear my shirt in the shoot? Obviously I'll use different photos for the shoot, because we have a professional photographer....but these give you a basic idea of me and my bike...

Name:  S4200014.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  51.8 KB

Name:  S4200009.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  53.2 KB

Name:  S4200024.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  52.3 KB

Old 08-29-2006, 04:37 PM

It sounds like a fun idea - being open to riders only is what would keep it from being just another models draped over a bike dealie..... (I think?)

Would you try to get orders in advance, or how would the up front printing costs be paid? Could it be done at the same time as the BOTM to save money?

-Susan
'04CBR600F4i

Old 08-29-2006, 04:48 PM

ORIGINAL: speedfreak chick

I'm all for it, I'd like to submit photos of my bike to see about it. The only thing is that I'm also the director for speedfreak (www.speedfreakinc.com) and I was windering if I'd be able to wear my shirt in the shoot? Obviously I'll use different photos for the shoot, because we have a professional photographer....but these give you a basic idea of me and my bike...
Great lookin' bike, and great pictures!! I'm not sure... I think we'd have to run that by the other Mods/Admins regarding wearing a shirt promoting another site. I just think it'd be better to either promote CBR Forums, one of the sponsors, or just not promote any site at all in the pics, but again, I guess IF we decide to go forward with this project, we'll make some very specific guidelines at that point.

Thanks for posting the pics!!

Old 08-29-2006, 04:52 PM

ORIGINAL: The Ant

It sounds like a fun idea - being open to riders only is what would keep it from being just another models draped over a bike dealie..... (I think?)

Would you try to get orders in advance, or how would the up front printing costs be paid? Could it be done at the same time as the BOTM to save money?

-Susan
'04CBR600F4i
Yes, being open to actual pariticpating, active members keeps the REAL factor up. There are plenty enough other calendars out there (Garage Girls, Fast Dates, etc....) featuring models and bikes. So this one would be different in that it's REAL riders, and actual members of THIS site.

We haven't gotten as far as figuring out how/when the orders will be handled. Still just gauging interest at this point.

Old 08-29-2006, 07:50 PM

I'd be interested... I'm actually having pictures taken of my bike this weekend (depending on the weather)!! What sort of timeframe are you looking to have the pics submitted by?

Old 08-31-2006, 01:09 AM

First, i would just like to say that this was brought up in another forum a few months ago and i was all geared up to do it, but what i found was that everyone was planning to do partial to full nude photos and i backed out of it. I would only want to be involved in a calandar that I would want to have for myself, and personally i wouldn't want a calandar full of half naked women in my house or office. having said that...

1.) If we were to do a "Ladies of CBR Forums" calendar, would you like to participate?

yes, depending on what people are wearing, etc.

2.) If yes, what kind of format would you like to see?

3.) If yes, what month/year would you like (based on a 16 month, running September '07 through December '08)

May or June

4.) Do you think we should keep it "clean" and totally family safe, do you think it should be racy, or do you think it should be somewhere in between?

personally i think it should be clean and family safe, and by that i don't mean wearing full gear making sure no legs or cleavage is shown, i'm just saying not to include **** and a$$. I don't think it should be limited to wearing riding gear, but i think we should rule out anything we wouldn't want out 8 yr. old sons to look at.

5.) Do you think we should sell it purely for the cost of printing, or do you think we should add on a few dollars to help support the Forum?

i think that's up to whoever is making it, but i think if you add some $$ to help support the forum that ea. participant in the calandar should get at least one calandar at cost.

6.) What sell price (or range) do you think would be feasible to get for such a calendar?

If put over cost i wouldn't add more than a couple dollars to the price only because the cheaper they are the more people are apt to buy. (if they're $10 people on a smaller budjet might buy one or none, if it's $7-8 more people are apt to buy one and be more apt to buy two or three. just my .02

I realize sex sells, but to who?? there are a lot of family people on here and i feel that more people will buy it if they can put it up w/o worrying about their kids seeing it or their wives disliking it, i won't put up a "sexy" calandar in my home and i know my hubby wouldn't buy one either, but that's just me. If it stays clean i'm in, if not i'm out.

Old 08-31-2006, 02:53 PM

I also lean towards the wholesome strong biker chick image, I'd buy several in that case to give to friends and family, like the idea of presenting a good role model. Sex isn't our only selling point, girls! Why try to compete with the bimbo calendars? Even tho we know we could blow em out of the water! ;')

-Susan
'04CBR600F4i

Quick Reply: Ladies of CBR Forums Calendar (interested?)