The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

You never know who you're gonna meet !!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 10:00 PM
Welcome Crew
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Those two were lucky to get a photo with Bordo! Did you sign a couple of copies for them Bordo? You should have arrested them for wasting oxygen.

Old 10-05-2012, 02:10 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jarvid
Those two were lucky to get a photo with Bordo! Did you sign a couple of copies for them Bordo? You should have arrested them for wasting oxygen.
Can't agree there Jarvid. Nice blokes both of them.

Old 10-05-2012, 02:16 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Hueristic
Cool, who's the oinker?

Those are big words from the other side of the world. I'm proud of what I do pal. I've seen and done things I hope you never have to. Nothing worse than a keyboard warrior. And before you say I was only joking I couldn't give a rats rectum if you were joking or not. I don't bag what you do or make personal attacks on you and I expect the same in return. Yes I am touchy about it. After nearly 20 years it gets a bit old and a bit juvenile. I thought we were all friends on here. Maybe I was wrong.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:14 AM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Bordo
Those are big words from the other side of the world. I'm proud of what I do pal. I've seen and done things I hope you never have to. Nothing worse than a keyboard warrior. And before you say I was only joking I couldn't give a rats rectum if you were joking or not. I don't bag what you do or make personal attacks on you and I expect the same in return. Yes I am touchy about it. After nearly 20 years it gets a bit old and a bit juvenile. I thought we were all friends on here. Maybe I was wrong.
Don't sweat it, Bordo.

Nothing but respect for what you do

This happened in my hometown. We know the price you pay

...and no less than 1000 RCMP. Made my Canadian side proud.

I hope you always answer you're radio calls, Mate.

Last edited by wooferdog; 10-05-2012 at 04:08 AM.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:43 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon

OK I think the point has been well made - NOBODY ON THIS FORUM has the right to denigrate anyone else, their profession, their personal background or anything else.
Geoff's a Policeman, I'm a Judge, Bears an Ornithologist (hope I spelt that right ) so what ? ON THIS FORUM WE'RE JUST 1000F OWNERS. I'd be proud to ride with all and any one of you anytime, anywhere.
Nothing more, nothing less.

This isn't the first time I've seen this kind of remark passed about what people do to earn a crust -
BUT IT WILL BE THE LAST.
That's not a threat, it's a statement of fact.

We're all grownups here (at least I like to think so)
Let's start acting like it, OK ?

We have a lot of fun here, let's just stay off personal stuff - it's unnecessary and hurtful.

Bordo, I hope this clearly states Forum Staff's position on the issue.
It won't happen again.

Old 10-05-2012, 02:14 PM
Super Moderator
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Shadow
OK I think the point has been well made - NOBODY ON THIS FORUM has the right to denigrate anyone else, their profession, their personal background or anything else.
Geoff's a Policeman, I'm a Judge, Bears an Ornithologist (hope I spelt that right ) so what ? ON THIS FORUM WE'RE JUST 1000F OWNERS. I'd be proud to ride with all and any one of you anytime, anywhere.
Nothing more, nothing less.

This isn't the first time I've seen this kind of remark passed about what people do to earn a crust -
BUT IT WILL BE THE LAST.
That's not a threat, it's a statement of fact.

We're all grownups here (at least I like to think so)
Let's start acting like it, OK ?

We have a lot of fun here, let's just stay off personal stuff - it's unnecessary and hurtful.

Bordo, I hope this clearly states Forum Staff's position on the issue.
It won't happen again.

+1 Shadow,

And I did feel the need to quote your post in full to get the point across.

Bordo you are a Honda CBR1000F rider, a respected forum member who's job happens to be in the Police Force - and good on you for that. I have great respect for our local cop Jarrad.

I does not matter what we do for a living, it is our love and appreciation of the machine we ride. And more to the point we are here to HELP ONE ANOTHER! The assistance I have had from people on this forum has been fantastic, and I've actually got to meet some damn nice people.

Now, group hug , make up, shake hands and DON'T DO IT AGAIN ............ please

Cheers, SB

PS: Shadow, Ornithologist - wings and 2 legs - kinda bird like , Entomologist - 6 legs and an exoskeleton - kinda insect like Love birds, but insects motivate my brain. I'm just glad I didn't become a Proctologist. That job would be a pain in the ***!

Last edited by Sebastionbear1; 10-05-2012 at 07:12 PM.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:45 PM
Senior Member and Montana roustabout :)

Nothing but respect for those who serve their community... I was a reserve officer in California for a couple years before I decided that job wasn't for me. In that couple years, I saw and did some horrible things that would make even the toughest person cringe. I couldn't see risking my safety to protect a bunch of people who were on the path to self/community destruction.

Props to anybody who is or has served their community or country

Old 10-05-2012, 09:39 PM
Welcome Crew

Shadow's a judge? Now if I ever came out of retirement thats what I would do, hopefully at one of Hugh Heffners pool party's.

Old 10-05-2012, 10:41 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon

PS: Shadow, Ornithologist - wings and 2 legs - kinda bird like , Entomologist - 6 legs and an exoskeleton - kinda insect like Love birds, but insects motivate my brain. I'm just glad I didn't become a Proctologist. That job would be a pain in the ***!

Sorry Bear, got the "-ologist" bit right tho.
And as for the proctology thing - it's a bit like being an Admin on here

Shadow's a judge?
Yup. Bordo grabs 'em, I put 'em away.............just on different continents Same end result. I have friends who are warders at Westville Prison - great guys who do a difficult job, and do it well. My two close neighbours are Policemen. Not an easy job anywhere I'd say.
And just for info - my riding buddy is a Muslim, name of Ismael and a heart surgeon - I call him sh1thead hehe - it's not what you do it's WHO you are inside . I'd put my life in his hands anytime. Hell just riding with him is scary enough..............he has a Panigale

Old 10-05-2012, 11:31 PM
Super Moderator
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Shadow

Sorry Bear, got the "-ologist" bit right tho.
And as for the proctology thing - it's a bit like being an Admin on here

Not a problem Shadow, being a bug man doesn't necessarily make me a smart bear. I only ever know how many insects I'm working with by counting the legs and dividing by 6

Cheers, SB

Quick Reply: You never know who you're gonna meet !!!