CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   The Hurricane Saloon (https://cbrforum.com/forum/hurricane-saloon-79/)
-   -   In the words of George Harrison (https://cbrforum.com/forum/hurricane-saloon-79/words-george-harrison-147754/)

wooferdog 06-29-2013 08:54 PM

In the words of George Harrison

...It's been a long, long, lonely winter.

Spring weren't nothing to write home about neither as you may all have gathered.

..but.

Here comes the Sun

Did, in the first in a long time. The first, of I hope of many, of the "Saturday Morning Sprints"

An early morning ride out to procure dinner

A 20 oz. Porterhouse for me and a delightful little rib-eye for Mrs. Woof. Some Walla Walla Sweet onions to roast in foil on the coals. Tomato salad for a bit of piquance and hard rolls w/ garlic butter.

Happy Canada Day to my friends in the North and a happy weekend to all of you.

Everywhere.

Sprock 06-29-2013 09:23 PM

Sentiments returned Woof my good fellow.

After nigh going on 9 days of torrential downpours
I too herald and rejoice in the wonders of a nice
warm and Sun filled Saturday

Sebastionbear1 06-29-2013 09:40 PM

My, my we are all so philosophical today! :D

Happy Canada Day to the Canucks, happy hunter-gathering to you Woof, sounds like you were very successful. May you enjoy the searing sound and smell of medium rare steaks cooked to perfection and dine with good company.

And Sprock - get out there and ride...............

Mrs SB and I are up ladders this Sunday nutting out the intricacies of timber coving and reverse angles for the ceiling/wall interface. (think upside down and back to front and yet still my brain is befuddled). Still the bedroom is progressing nicely - now called the Bordello due to it's suggestively red paint scheme! Built in wardrobes fitted last weekend and a 5 bladed, brass Hunter ceiling fan. The Cottage, after 13 years occupation, is finally becoming a home. Naga won't know the place on his next visit!

Cheers to all, SB

Sprock 06-29-2013 09:52 PM

I was - all day long on the KLR down at the beaches ;)

Nice progress on the cottage there Seb

wooferdog 06-29-2013 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Sebastionbear (Post 1239664)
My, my we are all so philosophical today! :D

Happy Canada Day to the Canucks, happy hunter-gathering to you Woof, sounds like you were very successful. May you enjoy the searing sound and smell of medium rare steaks cooked to perfection and dine with good company.

And Sprock - get out there and ride...............

Mrs SB and I are up ladders this Sunday nutting out the intricacies of timber coving and reverse angles for the ceiling/wall interface. (think upside down and back to front and yet still my brain is befuddled). Still the bedroom is progressing nicely - now called the Bordello due to it's suggestively red paint scheme! Built in wardrobes fitted last weekend and a 5 bladed, brass Hunter ceiling fan. The Cottage, after 13 years occupation, is finally becoming a home. Naga won't know the place on his next visit!

Cheers to all, SB

Thanks to all.

The steaks were a perfect warm pink in the center. Superb! Delicious!

Funny thing, I used to be able to gobble up a big juicy beefsteak like that. Now, it doesn't happen with such gusto.

Ate the strip, but saved the tenderloin for midnight endeavors

Am I working backwards here?

@ Sprock. Hope you grabbed a little off-road today, but what does a little mud on the dual sport hurt?. Och, if I didn't ride in the rain I might never ride at all, but gawd, I know we love these sunny days

@ Seb. Coving? Inside and outside corners and the walls are probably not plumb, let alone square. Helped a friend with that one time in an old house. Even with the table of proper angles. We still managed to make a hash of it. Many, many trips back for more material until we got it right

and to add. I apologize for being a bit all doom and gloom, but there's nothing like a warm Saturday and the smell of low tide to snap one out of the doldrums. Now I'm just waiting for the summer salmon runs on the Sound. I'll be spamming the "Go Fish" thread, then

Shadow 06-30-2013 01:59 PM

I've never lived through a whole winter in the northern hemisphere, so hearing stories of snowstorms etc etc at home is all a bit unusual. My Azalea bush blooms in the middle of winter here, flowers planted in September (Spring) are still blooming madly in May the following year. We have around 240 days+ of sunshine here every year, so there's really no need for your bike to ever get wet in the rain...................
Woof, I salute your endeavours and I too cannot eat with the gusto I once did.
To our "Brothers in the north", happy Canada day.
We have Mr & Mrs Obama here for a few days, visiting with the Mandela family - Nelson's in hospital and it's not looking good..........
So our currency values will probably take yet another knock.
Ah well, life goes on, I'd swap places with you Woof for a week when the fish appear in the Sound................
"While my guitar gently weeps"....................

wooferdog 06-30-2013 08:02 PM

My fair City. That mountain is my beacon, my home and will be always.

No fishing today, just a shakedown for the boat. All systems normal. The pinks will be here soon and We'll be ready

wooferdog 06-30-2013 08:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the thumb

Sprock 06-30-2013 08:20 PM

very nice pic - what kind of boat ya running woof ? "my other addiction"

wooferdog 06-30-2013 08:44 PM

21' Campion Cuddy. With a 150 Suzuki and a 9hp kicker. Transom controls on the little motor and electric downriggers. Rigged for top water salmon and/or going deep for the biggies

Not my boat. (Iwish)

Owned by Bob Barber out in Gig Harbor. He's a 72 year old semi-retired bricklayer with over 50 years in the union. Salty, funny and one of the best people I've ever had the chance to meet. Told me I was a damned good hod-carrier. Coming from him that's an endorsement. The guy can fling a spot of mud off his trowel and hit you in the back of the neck from 50 paces. Deadly accurate. More pics to follow when the fishing gets hot.

It's an odd numbered year. Good for pink fishing. The Sate is predicting a run of somewhere in the neighborhood of 6.5 million fish on Puget Sound fisheries alone. Not prized Chinook, nor fiesty Coho, but some muscular little fish in abundance. Find a school and throw spinners on light tackle. Fun times.

Oily flesh, best for smoking